Gliding down drops?

Old March 1st 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Default Gliding down drops?

Has anyone ever glidded down hill, gone down a highish drop and
continued glidding?

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
forrestunifreak wrote:
They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

2 unispins landed!
don't follow Jesus, follow me!

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Old March 1st 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

I saw Yogi in one of the Koxx vids glide down a drop about the hight of
two stairs, but that's the highest I've seen.

--
skilewis74

Old March 1st 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
excaliber906

I have down it down curbs, but that's it. It starts to become too out of
control when the drop is higher than 15 cm or so. It would probably be
easier and less painful to do standup gliding, but I wouldn't know.

--
excaliber906

~Stephen McKay

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

*Unitam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.*
excaliber906's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8933

Old March 1st 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

has anybody gone off a drop glidding then in mid ain place their feet
back on the pedals?

Edit: di you have a link for the Yogi vid?

--
thejdw

Old March 1st 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

thejdw wrote:
has anybody gone off a drop glidding then in mid ain place their feet
back on the pedals?

Edit: di you have a link for the Yogi vid?

ohh
lets do 5' drops while coasting since were already thinking about it
ohh and throw a frontflip into it!!! YAY!!
hah! just kidding
that would be TOO insane!
i have coasted down a curb
i can't glide at all.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old March 2nd 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

skrobo wrote:
I have coasted down a curb
i can't glide at all.

You sure you don't have them backwards?

Coasting is the one where your feet aren't touching the tire at all.
Gliding is a level 8 skill and coasting is a level 10.

--
skilewis74

Old March 2nd 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timbob1907

coasting is a little harder than gliding id say... so you should learn
how to glide. Its alot of fun. I havent done it off a curb but im
sure i could eventually if i find a good one.
EDIT: yeah what he said

--
timbob1907

forrestunifreak wrote:
I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but it wouldn't
matter anyway.

fluxusmaximus wrote:
It looks like some deranged mad-man going berserk with a heavy metal
object.

(\_/)
O 0
()This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature, help him on his way
to world domination.
'CarbonFibreSeat!'
timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425

Old March 2nd 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
foforackard

Amanda Gallecher glided down about a six inch drop in one of her
vids...It might've been the UK vid.

--
foforackard

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

Uni for life!!!!!

http://www.unicycle.com/
foforackard's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13413

Old March 2nd 07, 05:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicaw89

Ive done curbs and other things like that, never more than 10in. as for
hills here is a vid I did a while back for hte heal of it, its when I
first got my blue berry...

http://tinyurl.com/ya29qk

--
Unicaw89

CODY [/b]FREAKING[b] WILLIAMS
'PAINFUL UNI VID!!! -----its a vid, click it '
(http://tinyurl.com/yundmf)
'RenegadeJuggling.com ' (renegadejuggling.com)'Koxx-one.com'
(koxx-one.com)

abbabibble wrote:
Cody bent his koxx.
he was working it pretty hard.

Dumpweed wrote:
your to hard on ur toys i think its time for u to take up a new hobby
like watching tv

Unicaw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13531

Old March 2nd 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

timbob1907 wrote:
coasting is a little harder than gliding id say... so you should learn
how to glide. Its alot of fun. I havent done it off a curb but im
sure i could eventually if i find a good one.
EDIT: yeah what he said

I find coasting easier, I can't glide at all but when I was practicing
coasting last I was getting almost 15 feet on an egg shaped wheel.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

Gliding wadebrothers Unicycling 7 May 22nd 06 12:47 AM
Gliding Gary222 Unicycling 0 June 2nd 05 10:19 PM
Gliding Gary222 Unicycling 6 June 2nd 05 05:44 PM
gliding amanda.gallacher Unicycling 10 May 30th 05 07:16 AM
gliding wowunicycle Unicycling 8 February 17th 05 05:10 PM