Just what we needed

Old April 4th 07, 08:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Shane Stanley

Default Just what we needed

Now here's something for Melburnians (and others, it seems) to look out
for: http://www.hummerlimos.com.au/. Yep, our very own stretch Hummers.

"Picture yourself cruising down the main street of your neighborhood on
your way to the night of your life. Everyoneıs pointing at you,
wondering who you are, staring, taking phone snaps... they just canıt
believe what theyıre seeing." Yes indeedy.

There's mo "After extensive research it has been realised that the
Australian public including celebrities are looking for more than just a
tired old Limousine to move around the city and country...they want
class, sophistication, real luxury and flexibility -- a truly memorable
experience." Yep, no more tired old limos for me.

Four-and-a-half tonnes, 11 metres long -- clearly just the thing for
getting around the suburbs. I remember seeing one of these in the US,
and finding it over the top even for there...

--
Shane Stanley
Old April 4th 07, 10:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
GPW

On 4 Apr, 09:32, Shane Stanley
wrote:
[...]

I've seen stretch Hummers in London and Dubai. The London one was
bright yellow forgawdsake. And I used to think people in sedan stretch
limos had their taste in their arse.

Old April 4th 07, 11:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Brendo

On Apr 4, 5:57 pm, "GPW" wrote:
On 4 Apr, 09:32, Shane Stanley
wrote:

[...]

When I was mowing lawns for a crust there was a guy with a limo
business, just the traditional Ford LTD's but for special occasions he
had a stretched VW Bug.

Brendo

Old April 4th 07, 11:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ray

Shane Stanley wrote:
[...]

UAV - Urban Assault Vehicles. Also possibly related to the well-known
Inverse Co-Relation, between vehicle size and penis size. Hopefully if
petrol goes back up to $1.40 per litre that may slow some of these
morons down a little, but doesn't seem to.
Old April 4th 07, 01:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

Shane Stanley wrote:
There's mo "After extensive research it has been realised that the
Australian public including celebrities are looking for more than just a
tired old Limousine to move around the city and country.

I can see the celebrity appeal, it looks like something the Munsters
would get around in.

Our local Holden dealer is advertising Hummers for sale from this month.
Ahhh... the joys of living in a town "benefiting" from the booming coal
mining industry.
Old April 4th 07, 03:06 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_108_]

Shane Stanley Wrote:

"Picture yourself cruising down the main street of your neighborhood
on
your way to the night of your life. Everyone's pointing at you,
wondering who you are, staring, taking phone snaps... they just can't
believe what theyıre seeing." Yes indeedy.

Indeedly, they realise what they're seeing, as most H2 happy snaps
usually wind up he
http://fuh2.com/

Think we saw Leytons (Hewitt) H2 on Bridge Road last year, but couldn't
get a nice pic framed up in time before the beastie roared off. He
probably deserved a flipping of the bird too.

--
cfsmtb

Old April 4th 07, 10:23 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Apr 5, 12:06 am, cfsmtb cfsmtb.2oi...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Shane Stanley Wrote:

"Picture yourself cruising down the main street of your neighborhood
on
your way to the night of your life. Everyone's pointing at you,
wondering who you are, staring, taking phone snaps... they just can't
believe what theyıre seeing." Yes indeedy.

Indeedly, they realise what they're seeing, as most H2 happy snaps
usually wind up hehttp://fuh2.com/

Think we saw Leytons (Hewitt) H2 on Bridge Road last year, but couldn't
get a nice pic framed up in time before the beastie roared off. He
probably deserved a flipping of the bird too.

--
cfsmtb

Was I right or wrong in giving the same signal to the lady rider of a
motor scooter yesterday? I was riding the other way on the Green
Bridge (cycles only) and she was coming the other way.

Donga

Old April 5th 07, 12:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
warrwych[_22_]

Shane Stanley Wrote:
[...]

awesome! think of all the bike racks you can fit on the roof! perfect
for large (cycling) families, teams, and those with limited storage
space in their houses for their bikes.

--
warrwych

Old April 5th 07, 12:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter Signorini

"warrwych" wrote:

awesome! think of all the bike racks you can fit on the roof! perfect
for large (cycling) families, teams, and those with limited storage
space in their houses for their bikes.

Hey, forget the roof, just rack them up inside the cabin - 10 bikes wouldn't
take up more then 20% of the space inside this bus.
--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old April 5th 07, 02:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rory Williams[_8_]

Shane Stanley Wrote:
Now here's something for Melburnians (and others, it seems) to look out
for: http://www.hummerlimos.com.au/. Yep, our very own stretch
Hummers.

Four-and-a-half tonnes, 11 metres long -- clearly just the thing for
getting around the suburbs. I remember seeing one of these in the US,
and finding it over the top even for there...

--
Shane Stanley

The US doesn't seem to be as OTT as one might think.

I had a trip to California at the end of Feb and it struck me how
emmisions aware the place seemed to be. Lots of TV adverts for Prius
and other hybrids, car adverts in general placing a fair emphasis on
fuel consumption, and special attachments to the bowsers to catch fuel
vapours as you filled up.

$26.75 Australian for 7 US gallons = 26.5 liters so about $1 per liter,
not as cheap as I had thought it would have been.

But California may be a special case, the state taxes seem to be quite
high and their legislation seems to drive much of the envionmental
standards

RoryW

--
Rory Williams

Help Needed Tosspot UK 13 August 3rd 05 06:56 PM
Help Needed Adrian Marketplace 2 October 7th 04 03:01 AM
26" uni needed. jawnz Unicycling 2 September 5th 04 04:36 AM
Needed Richard Thompson Marketplace 2 April 5th 04 07:40 PM
Help needed van Rossum UK 2 August 11th 03 05:34 PM