what saddle

Old August 10th 03, 01:05 PM
leon

Default what saddle

Folks
What do ye recommend for leisure mountain biking, i.e., not racing,
therefore comfort is more important than weight. Also I will be
covering a 800 mile trek across Spain next year and want to have it
broken in before this time.
Any sugestions please.

Thanks

Noel

(Ireland)

Old August 10th 03, 07:20 PM
Greg Smith

I ride on a Bontrager FS2000, defiantly not the best choice for your
intended use, but a pal of mine has a Specialized Body Geometry that he
swears by. He's never complained about saddle soars or any discomfort for
that matter, now that I think about it he doesn't even wear riding shorts
"no padding". Meanwhile I just forked out $120 Cdn for a pair of Oakley MTB
2.1 shorts (diapers) and my cheeks are tender after about 25 - 30 Km.

Check out the specialized

Greg

Old August 11th 03, 03:20 AM
Skokatt

"Greg Smith" wrote in
:
Check out the specialized

Greg

People either love the Specialized BG saddles or hate them... I love
mine. I don't think they're worth $100 US, but you can check e-bay for
great deals from people who didn't like theirs. As with any saddle, you
need to position it correctly to get the benefits of the split design.
I've heard great things about WTB saddles from others but have never
actually ridden with one.

--
- Chris -
www.skokatt.com

People say I'm cruel. But I have the heart of a small child.
In a jar. On my desk.