A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Mountain Biking
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Shimano, IMBA Release MTB Economics "Study" (Read "Lies")



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old March 12th 08, 04:27 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,798
Default Shimano, IMBA Release MTB Economics "Study" (Read "Lies")

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:13:28 -0400, Eric Vey
wrote:

Jason wrote:
* Mike Vandeman :
"50 million Americans mountain bike"? Yeah, right. This "study" is
nothing but lies designed to promote mountain biking -- nothing new
for mountain bikers. They never write ANYTHING that isn't propaganda..


So you have a lot in common with them then, what's your point?

Jason


I can only guess that the 50 million number comes from the Bicycle
Shaped Objects sold in Wal-Mart and Co. 90% of the BSOs are in the MTB
style. There is no way that a Roadmaster MTB style bike (a BSO) could
survive 10 minutes of real mountain biking because something would break
in that 10 minutes.


Hmmm. IMBA & Shimano say "50 million Americans mountain bike". I say
far fewer. Which of us is right? DUH!
--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Ads
  #12  
Old March 12th 08, 09:28 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jason
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 54
Default Shimano, IMBA Release MTB Economics "Study" (Read "Lies")

* Mike Vandeman :
Hmmm. IMBA & Shimano say "50 million Americans mountain bike". I say
far fewer. Which of us is right? DUH!


Considering your history of problems with the truth I feel say betting
my money on IMBA and Shimano being correct.

Jason
  #13  
Old March 12th 08, 12:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Marz
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 610
Default Shimano, IMBA Release MTB Economics "Study" (Read "Lies")

On Mar 11, 7:22*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:13:21 -0400, Eric Vey
wrote:





Jeff Strickland wrote:


"Eric Vey" wrote in message
...
Jason wrote:
* Mike Vandeman :
"50 million Americans mountain bike"? Yeah, right. This "study" is
nothing but lies designed to promote mountain biking -- nothing new
for mountain bikers. They never write ANYTHING that isn't propaganda...


So you have a lot in common with them then, what's your point?


Jason


I can only guess that the 50 million number comes from the Bicycle
Shaped Objects sold in Wal-Mart and Co. 90% of the BSOs are in the MTB
style. There is no way that a Roadmaster MTB style bike (a BSO) could
survive 10 minutes of real mountain biking because something would
break in that 10 minutes.


Mike insists that it would be your scrotum that would break, therefore
you should stay home.


I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't
kept up. I don't know why people haven't done that.


Because they are too stupid.


So you're saying the 'smart' thing to do, is to put you on our ignore
list. Does this mean you admit you have nothing of value for us to
read?



  #14  
Old March 12th 08, 02:27 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Romain
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 58
Default Shimano, IMBA Release MTB Economics "Study" (Read "Lies")

Mike Vandeman wrote:

I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't
kept up. I don't know why people haven't done that.


Because they are too stupid.


Please post when the next 'PhD' is coming. It should be an interesting
one.... How many years of troll data now? ;-)

Mike
  #15  
Old March 12th 08, 05:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
bluezfolk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 180
Default Shimano, IMBA Release MTB Economics "Study" (Read "Lies")

On Mar 11, 7:13 pm, Eric Vey wrote:
Jeff Strickland wrote:

"Eric Vey" wrote in message
...
Jason wrote:
* Mike Vandeman :
"50 million Americans mountain bike"? Yeah, right. This "study" is
nothing but lies designed to promote mountain biking -- nothing new
for mountain bikers. They never write ANYTHING that isn't propaganda..


So you have a lot in common with them then, what's your point?


Jason


I can only guess that the 50 million number comes from the Bicycle
Shaped Objects sold in Wal-Mart and Co. 90% of the BSOs are in the MTB
style. There is no way that a Roadmaster MTB style bike (a BSO) could
survive 10 minutes of real mountain biking because something would
break in that 10 minutes.


Mike insists that it would be your scrotum that would break, therefore
you should stay home.


I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't
kept up. I don't know why people haven't done that.


I've been wondering when someone would find the right solution to this
problem. How long would this go on if nobody ever responded to Mike V?
  #16  
Old March 13th 08, 03:18 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,798
Default Shimano, IMBA Release MTB Economics "Study" (Read "Lies")

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 06:28:07 -0300, Jason
wrote:

* Mike Vandeman :
Hmmm. IMBA & Shimano say "50 million Americans mountain bike". I say
far fewer. Which of us is right? DUH!


Considering your history of problems with the truth I feel say betting
my money on IMBA and Shimano being correct.

Jason


Then you are even more naive and stupid than the typical mountain
biker.
--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
  #17  
Old March 13th 08, 03:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,798
Default Shimano, IMBA Release MTB Economics "Study" (Read "Lies")

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:41:36 -0700 (PDT), Marz
wrote:

On Mar 11, 7:22*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:13:21 -0400, Eric Vey
wrote:





Jeff Strickland wrote:


"Eric Vey" wrote in message
...
Jason wrote:
* Mike Vandeman :
"50 million Americans mountain bike"? Yeah, right. This "study" is
nothing but lies designed to promote mountain biking -- nothing new
for mountain bikers. They never write ANYTHING that isn't propaganda..


So you have a lot in common with them then, what's your point?


Jason


I can only guess that the 50 million number comes from the Bicycle
Shaped Objects sold in Wal-Mart and Co. 90% of the BSOs are in the MTB
style. There is no way that a Roadmaster MTB style bike (a BSO) could
survive 10 minutes of real mountain biking because something would
break in that 10 minutes.


Mike insists that it would be your scrotum that would break, therefore
you should stay home.


I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't
kept up. I don't know why people haven't done that.


Because they are too stupid.


So you're saying the 'smart' thing to do, is to put you on our ignore
list. Does this mean you admit you have nothing of value for us to
read?


I didn't say that. You did.
--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
  #18  
Old March 13th 08, 03:22 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,798
Default Shimano, IMBA Release MTB Economics "Study" (Read "Lies")

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:16:34 -0700 (PDT), bluezfolk
wrote:

On Mar 11, 7:13 pm, Eric Vey wrote:
Jeff Strickland wrote:

"Eric Vey" wrote in message
...
Jason wrote:
* Mike Vandeman :
"50 million Americans mountain bike"? Yeah, right. This "study" is
nothing but lies designed to promote mountain biking -- nothing new
for mountain bikers. They never write ANYTHING that isn't propaganda..


So you have a lot in common with them then, what's your point?


Jason


I can only guess that the 50 million number comes from the Bicycle
Shaped Objects sold in Wal-Mart and Co. 90% of the BSOs are in the MTB
style. There is no way that a Roadmaster MTB style bike (a BSO) could
survive 10 minutes of real mountain biking because something would
break in that 10 minutes.


Mike insists that it would be your scrotum that would break, therefore
you should stay home.


I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't
kept up. I don't know why people haven't done that.


I've been wondering when someone would find the right solution to this
problem. How long would this go on if nobody ever responded to Mike V?


Silly question. I don't care whether anyone responds or not. The fact
is, mountain bikers are worried that someone might learn the truth
about mountain biking from me. Not that they can prevent it.
--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
  #19  
Old March 13th 08, 04:15 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 613
Default Shimano, IMBA Release MTB Economics "Study" (Read "Lies")


"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
...
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:01:48 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
wrote:


"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
. ..
snip


They never write ANYTHING that isn't propaganda..


Now there's the pot calling the kettle black ...


Hmmm. IMBA & Shimano say "50 million Americans mountain bike". I say
far fewer. Which of us is right? DUH!
--


Maybe. But I see little of what you write that is not propaganda, and for
you to point out other's "propaganda" is hilarious.

Shimano probably knows how many gearsets it sells, and where they are
consumed. I suspect the 50M number is a bit high too, but I don't make and
sell gearsets, so I don't really know. But, I am not calling them liars, you
are. And when you call somebody a liar, that's a bit like the pot calling
the kettle black, ergo I'm right. Again.




  #20  
Old March 13th 08, 04:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 613
Default Shimano, IMBA Release MTB Economics "Study" (Read "Lies")


"Eric Vey" wrote in message
...
Jeff Strickland wrote:

"Eric Vey" wrote in message
...
Jason wrote:
* Mike Vandeman :
"50 million Americans mountain bike"? Yeah, right. This "study" is
nothing but lies designed to promote mountain biking -- nothing new
for mountain bikers. They never write ANYTHING that isn't propaganda..


So you have a lot in common with them then, what's your point?

Jason

I can only guess that the 50 million number comes from the Bicycle
Shaped Objects sold in Wal-Mart and Co. 90% of the BSOs are in the MTB
style. There is no way that a Roadmaster MTB style bike (a BSO) could
survive 10 minutes of real mountain biking because something would break
in that 10 minutes.


Mike insists that it would be your scrotum that would break, therefore
you should stay home.





I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't kept
up. I don't know why people haven't done that.


Because sometimes there is humor in stupidity. Art Linkletter once said,
"kids say the darnedest things." Indeed, he based a television show on the
premise, and it was a hit. He did not know what kind of crap would flow out
of Mike Vanedman's mouth/keyboard. Clearly, Mike's spewings are not material
for a TV show, but once you get over how sadly pathetic he is, there is a
certain amount of humor in the conclusions he draws.



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IMBA Uses 50+ Motor Vehicles to Put on Its "Environmentally Friendly" Epic Ride! Mike Vandeman Mountain Biking 0 May 7th 07 04:15 PM
IMBA Uses 50+ Motor Vehicles to Put on Its "Environmentally Friendly" Epic Ride! Mike Vandeman Social Issues 0 May 7th 07 04:15 PM
"John "Cho" Gilmer keeps publishing his "Manifesto" over and over." Hoodini Racing 0 April 23rd 07 12:38 AM
R.I.P. Jim Price (aka. "biker_billy", "sydney", "Boudreaux") spin156 Techniques 15 November 28th 05 07:21 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.