brake lever mounting

Old August 5th 08, 06:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
catinabag1

Default brake lever mounting

How did everyone mount their brake levers on their muni? I tried using
pipe straps to secure a pipe to which I mounted the lever on underneath
the seat, but I couldn't get the bolts on because they hit the straps.
Pictures would be great.

--
catinabag1

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Rules!

Ducttape wrote:
yeah usually you avoid facial contact with peoples body parts...

patsandy100 wrote:
catinabag scares me

Old August 5th 08, 06:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
corbin

catinabag1 wrote:
How did everyone mount their brake levers on their muni? I tried using
pipe straps to secure a pipe to which I mounted the lever on underneath
the seat, but I couldn't get the bolts on because they hit the straps.
Pictures would be great.

Pipe clamps, huh?

Unicycle.com sells an underseat post that attaches to your front
handle. Um, use that.

corbin

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
Old August 5th 08, 06:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
catinabag1

corbin wrote:
Pipe clamps, huh?

Unicycle.com sells an underseat post that attaches to your front
handle. Um, use that.

corbin

hhmmmm. that looks good but it doesn't say it works with nimbus saddles
and i have a nimbus gel. i also don't want to invest in a new saddle if
at all possible.

--

Ducttape wrote:
yeah usually you avoid facial contact with peoples body parts...

patsandy100 wrote:
catinabag scares me

Old August 5th 08, 07:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Conrad.Nguyen

It will work. All modern seats (KH, Nimbus, Koxx) use the same Velo seat
base. Meaning the bolt pattern is the same on all of them.

--
Conrad.Nguyen
Old August 5th 08, 10:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
catinabag1

so i hick engineered a mount using tubing and a pipe strap. i ended up
sticking a piece of rubber between the tube and the pipe strap to
create more friction. we'll see how long it lasts. it seems pretty
solid. if this fails i'll go ahead and order the proper mounting
hardware.

--

Ducttape wrote:
yeah usually you avoid facial contact with peoples body parts...

patsandy100 wrote:
catinabag scares me

Old August 5th 08, 12:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pdc

I made a custom brake holder to work with my Reeder.

|Filename: Brake Mount.JPG |

pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
Old August 5th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nickjb

I use a bar end like the middle one he

[image: http://winkobicycles.com/productimages/barend.jpg]

It mounts onto the seatpost.

--
nickjb

*Severn Wheelers.* Bristol's best (and only) unicycle hockey club
Wednesdays, 8:30. All welcome
Old August 5th 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
catinabag1

nickjb wrote:
I use a bar end like the middle one he

[image: http://winkobicycles.com/productimages/barend.jpg]

It mounts onto the seatpost.

i ordered some from udc knowing the clamp was too small for the
seatpost because they were a buck for a pair. that is the tube i am
using. do they make a handlebar end that will fit a nimbus (25.4)
seatpost? that is what i really want to do.

--

Ducttape wrote:
yeah usually you avoid facial contact with peoples body parts...

patsandy100 wrote:
catinabag scares me

Old August 6th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rolandisimo

I mounted my brake on the underseat post but couldn't easily reach the
handle. I found a simple solution, cut a 1cm wide end off a PVC pipe
and ziptie it to the brake handle. I like the loop, I can just stick
my finger in and hang on for long downhills, even in muni.

I don't have a good closeup, but its simple, and seen from a distance
in the pict below
-Ro

[image:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rolandi...605602863789/]

--
rolandisimo

replacement lever for old school non-aero Weinmann brake lever? Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ® Techniques 8 September 23rd 07 01:04 PM
Technique for mounting a tire with lever Arthur Harris Techniques 25 May 7th 05 08:59 PM
Delta brake lever extender slipping on HS-33 Lever TonyMelton Unicycling 3 January 27th 05 08:54 PM
Brake Mounting zactor29 Unicycling 3 June 27th 04 09:47 PM
Brake lever hoods for Campy Super Record brake levers still available? Boyd Speerschneider Techniques 6 October 9th 03 03:29 PM