Putting wider tires on my Bike.

Old April 17th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Putting wider tires on my Bike.

Hi all, I know most of you have seen me here the last few days. I got
the Raleigh Sprite.. great condition. I was wondering though, it has
the traditional thin 10 speed tires from way back then. I was curious
if it was at all possible to get slightly wider slick tires for it or
if I am constrained in any way.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Old April 17th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 17 Apr 2006 13:31:40 -0700, "modmans2ndcoming"
wrote:

Hi all, I know most of you have seen me here the last few days. I got
the Raleigh Sprite.. great condition. I was wondering though, it has
the traditional thin 10 speed tires from way back then. I was curious
if it was at all possible to get slightly wider slick tires for it or
if I am constrained in any way.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Not a difficult thing to do:
1) Put some tire size on it.
2) Check clearance.
3) Get larger tire based on number from step 2.

Old April 17th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

Hi all, I know most of you have seen me here the last few days. I got
the Raleigh Sprite.. great condition. I was wondering though, it has
the traditional thin 10 speed tires from way back then. I was curious
if it was at all possible to get slightly wider slick tires for it or
if I am constrained in any way.

27", no? You're constrained by availability. 27 x 1 3/8" is as big
as you're likely to find. It's also one of the most common sizes
around here, with 27 x 1 1/4" being easily obtained as well.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.