New helmet mod for sun protection!

Old June 9th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default New helmet mod for sun protection!

I usually avoid the midday sun at all costs, since my family has had
cases of melanoma. So, now that I will be doing daytime cokering for
probably several hours in the bright sun, I decided to salvage my
(UVA/UVB) motorcycle face shield, and try to make it fit my regular
skateboard helmet that I use for MUni and all-around uni riding.

Seems to be a good fit and rotates up and down perfectly! Of course,
this is in addtion to the 45 spf (w/zinc oxide!) sunblock that I put on
*daily* without fail! The good thing about the sun shield is that it's
can't be sweated off like the sunblock!

It's obviously not *total* sun protection, but it helps! And it also
provides added protection against people trying to poke you in the eye
with a sharp stick!

|Filename: shield.jpg |

MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 9th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fexnix

Wow you'll look like the black knight on the coker when wearing that. I
want riding pics.

--
fexnix

'My 29er page' (www.teamld.2ya.com)
'My fresh album' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 9th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

fexnix wrote:
Wow you'll look like the black knight on the coker when wearing that. I
want riding pics.

Maybe video too haha! I may laughed at, but at least I won't get
sunburned!

Old June 10th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

the only situations in which i can see myself hitting my head while
riding a
A)backwards coasting
B)HSG(high speed gliding)
C)drive-by cannonball shooting

mainly because there are no good trials obsticals anywhere near where i
live, i would build my own,but im too lazy

--
hobo_chuck

its not easy being gold!
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 10th 07, 12:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
anton005

Hopefully you don't run into any rebel forces when riding.

--
anton005
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 10th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

anton005 wrote:
If all else fails you can get a job on the deathstar.

I'll count how many times somebody says, "Use the force luke!"

Old June 10th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

hobo_chuck wrote:
the only situations in which i can see myself hitting my head while
riding a
A)backwards coasting
B)HSG(high speed gliding)
C)drive-by cannonball shooting

mainly because there are no good trials obsticals anywhere near where i
live, i would build my own,but im too lazy

ah yes...one time i got hit by an unattended parked vehicle while on my
unicycle ...i was idling and it rolled into me.....

--
hobo_chuck

its not easy being gold!
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 10th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

I'm sure that will help but yeah, on top of riding a unicycle, you will
look absolutely ridiculous wearing that.

--
Brian O.

mscalisi wrote:
We only need one 36" rim, one that doesn't suck. A properly sized KH rim
(like the 29er only larger) would be awesome.

'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - The
Unicyclist PC Game - In Early Development.
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 10th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pix

hobo_chuck wrote:
one time i got hit by an unattended parked vehicle

is that a euphemism?

pix.

--
pix
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 10th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

last year sometime, or maybe even 2 years ago, i attached a motorbike
helmet tinted vizor to my bicycle helmet and rode around on my bike
with it. i looked like the biggest dick!

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
http://www.usenet.com