Video: muni at Unicon

Old August 3rd 08, 01:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
goldenchickenIV

Default Video: muni at Unicon

Yesterday's muni competitions at Unicon were held in Vånga, Sweden.
Being so close to where I live I just had to go there. I brought my
video cam and here is the result:

http://www.vimeo.com/1457766

--
goldenchickenIV
Old August 3rd 08, 01:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MoOoG

It was interesting but the downhill track was too easy for me... I
hope i will be there next year in New Zeland and i hope there will be
better downhill (more technical)...

--
MoOoG

feel free to add
www.2simpl.si:)
http://www.2simpl.mojforum.si:eek:ww...e.com/mrzigas;)
www.sl.netlog.com/cigumy
Old August 3rd 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

Thanks for putting that up Goldenchicken! I enjoyed it.

Mooog, Having a track being easier or harder is not the whole issue.
How fast you can do it is also very important otherwise it would just
be a Trials course!

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!

'The Unicycling Commune' (http://tinyurl.com/3xkd8d)
Old August 3rd 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Andrew Mell

looks like a fun track.

would of been nice to see some more 24"s or a 29"
and that white try all wouldn't of been enjoying all that
dirt.

--
Andrew Mell
Old August 3rd 08, 03:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
goldenchickenIV

Andrew Mell wrote:
looks like a fun track.

would of been nice to see some more 24"s or a 29"
and that white try all wouldn't of been enjoying all that
dirt.

I didn't see any 29er on the north shore trail. But 20" was very
common.

--
goldenchickenIV
Old August 3rd 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nathan

Thanks for posting - nice footage. That's cool how you got many riders,
including my son Beau.

I thought the races went pretty well considering the huge numbers of
people who entered. I would've made the cross country longer, at least
twice as long. And maybe split into two heats - someone said it was 400
people racing in one heat - is that possible?

I initially thought the uphill was too hard, but after riding it, I
think it was perfect for a world championship course. And it was done
dismount free by at least one rider. It just needed a rule that would
DQ a rider if they didn't make the first say 20m or so in some number
of seconds. I was taken out repeatedly in the downhill by crashers and
that was a drag, but the course was ok. The start of all 3 races was
chaotic and difficult.

---Nathan

--
nathan
Old August 3rd 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
goldenchickenIV

nathan wrote:
Thanks for posting - nice footage. That's cool how you got many riders,
including my son Beau.

I got you as well Nathan – but you were not riding so that clip didn't
qualify for the final cut

nathan wrote:
I thought the races went pretty well considering the huge numbers of
people who entered. I would've made the cross country longer, at least
twice as long. And maybe split into two heats - someone said it was 400
people racing in one heat - is that possible?

It does sounds much. All in all there were 'only' five busloads of
competitors and perhaps 20 cars standing at the lot.

nathan wrote:
I initially thought the uphill was too hard, but after riding it, I
think it was perfect for a world championship course. And it was done
dismount free by at least one rider. It just needed a rule that would
DQ a rider if they didn't make the first say 20m or so in some number
of seconds. I was taken out repeatedly in the downhill by crashers and
that was a drag, but the course was ok. The start of all 3 races was
chaotic and difficult.

---Nathan

Uphill was indeed steep and long. Some riders were very persistant and
remounted so many times that in the end they only had strength enough
for one pedal stroke and a giggle. Perhaps there should be a limit?

--
goldenchickenIV
Old August 3rd 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

im so jealous

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,
Latest Vid: I wish I had 2 cents #f5f5f5
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70608
Old August 3rd 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Nice video. Looked like mostly trials unis not MUnis.

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old August 3rd 08, 06:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Klaas Bil

MoOoG wrote:
It was interesting but the downhill track was too easy for me...

How do you mean? You couldn't ride it (or maybe could ride it but not
fast) because it was too easy? So you had to earn your MUni expert
points with the uphill and the north shore?

I competed in track races at UNICON today but the track was too easy
for me

--
Klaas Bil