New jumping technique idea I have

Old August 5th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Conrad.Nguyen

Default New jumping technique idea I have

As long as no "part of the cycle except the tire, rim, spokes, crank
arms, pedals, bottom bracket, bashguard or bearing housings" touches
the ground, you're good.

'IUF rule book section 10.6.1' (http://tinyurl.com/5cmpo2)

--
Conrad.Nguyen
Old August 5th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
padst3r

lol surely pedals arent allowed.You are reading the rules for a trials
competition and not a high jump competition onto an object not over the
bar

--
padst3r

Harry Potter uses a Nimbus and he is the best magician of all time.

Proud member of the 'Team Nelson Unicyclists'
(http://www.teamnelsonuni.co.nr)
'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/padst3r)
*)---', 6ft Static Gap
Old August 5th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Conrad.Nguyen

I was responding to the original idea and it's usefulness in a trials
competition.

--
Conrad.Nguyen

Old August 6th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Sprida wrote:
The only real problem I see would be the transition from moving the
unicycle out from underneath you placing it on the obstalce, because
the higher the height the further the unicycle would have to travel.

The only real problem I see is that you'd have to violate some basic
laws of physics to pull off the move you're describing... if I
understand what you're trying to describe.

Unless you've got your body weight evenly distributed about the
unicycle's contact point, it's going to tip over. Even if the unicycle
is completely horizontal.

Is there some anti-gravity component to your technique?

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
Old August 6th 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
adjuggler

maestro8 wrote:
The only real problem I see is that you'd have to violate some basic
laws of physics to pull off the move you're describing... if I
understand what you're trying to describe.

_Unless_you've_got_your_body_weight_evenly_distrib uted_about_the_unicycle's_contact_point,_it's_goin g_to_tip_over.__Even_if_the_unicycle_is_completely _horizontal_.

Is there some anti-gravity component to your technique?

[image:
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k.../SifStuff.jpg]

I guess the idea is you start out seat in front and then seat in front
jump for one to two. Then during the two, three transition you would
reach under yourself and pull the unicycle above you in an allyoop type
transition. On the thrid step I believe you were mentionioning
(underlined), the way weight could evenly be distributed is placing it
on the ledge where the pedal and wheel contact. (much like what
happens when you set the unicycle down and the wheel and pedal touch)
But I also realize that the seat also touches, to stop this if one
forearm is across the tire and holds onto the frame, while the other is
across the other part of the tire holding the opposite side of the tire.
To the best of my knowlage this would evenly distrubute the weight.
Hope I am correctly explaining what I mean to...

--
adjuggler

----------David---------
_661 (\"sixsixone.com\")_
'(Youtube
Page)'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/ADJuggler)
'(Vimeo)'
(http://www.vimeo.com/adjuggler)

Schlumpf technique? joemarshall Unicycling 12 May 11th 06 07:56 AM
LT and pedaling technique [email protected] Techniques 21 April 23rd 06 09:13 PM
Climbing Technique Richard Pu Techniques 138 September 16th 04 08:26 AM
pedaling technique dannyboy1206 UK 48 August 1st 04 09:55 PM
Rolling hop technique fluffinator007 Unicycling 23 June 23rd 04 08:07 AM