Some Portland Biker got passed by one of us, methinks :-D

Old August 5th 08, 05:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
chuckaeronut

Default Some Portland Biker got passed by one of us, methinks :-D

I think a biker in Oregon got passed and pulled by one of you guys... I
don't really remember where people are from in a form able to be
queried by location, so... do we have any fast Oregon coker riders who
could be responsible for this awesome post? :-D

http://www.bikeportland.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2105

a bike rider! wrote:

This evening, I was running late.

I was lugging my laptop in a pannier, but my 80s Raleigh Comp GS was
still in fighting form, tires just topped off to 110 and fresh lube on
the drivetrain.

I've had a good winter of commuting and I'm feeling my oats, passing
fair weather-ers on the waterfront like they were sitting still (which
they were).

Then I get to Wieldler and Williams and I spot him. Big wheel Uni.
Purple in colour. He passes in front as I wait for the light and then
positions himself behind me in line to head north.

Total bike jam and I'm kicking hard for home so I don't think about him
again until I have to stop at Russel for the light.

Shoom, he passes me on the right just as the light turns green.

"I'm totally tucking in" is all I can offer.

So not only did I get passed by a Uni, I drafted one for a good 8
blocks. And it was a good pull. I'm hauling ass and I don't have the
legs to make the pass. But he's punching a big hole and I'm grateful
for assist.

Once the terrain flattened out and I could grab a gear, I offered "Drop
in, man" as I crawled past him.

No idea if he tried.

But as I waited to turn left at Alberta, he was right there. Giving me
the peace sign.

A totally stud performance.

I Am Humbled.

--
chuckaeronut

Uni to work to eat to live to uni to work to...!
Old August 5th 08, 06:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni man 22

that is really cool i live near portland but dont have a coker so i dont
know
but it is a great story.

--
uni man 22

unicyle for Crist

super poll
http://www.misterpoll.com/568933725.html
Old August 5th 08, 06:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
corbin

Purple Haze?

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
Old August 5th 08, 06:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

I'm quite sure this has been posted already, Chuck. Not sure what the
topic was called though.

--
CoreTechs

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti

)--21stOverall-RTL2008-O
)--18thCriterium-RTL2008-O
Old August 5th 08, 06:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
littleman

That's impressive that the unicyclist was able to keep in front for 8
miles.

--
littleman

http://sixsixone.com/
Old August 5th 08, 06:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

littleman wrote:
That's impressive that the unicyclist was able to keep in front for 8
miles.

I know him, Wasn't me but it was a guy I know. He's boisei here on the
forums, he runs lots of super marathons and such and is a super awesome
coker rider. One of the guys that did the century ride from portland to
the beach during reach the beach. I can keep in front for about 8
blocks but I would have to work hard at it, Zeke makes it look easy....

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*
Old August 5th 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
RedUnicycleRider

My Uncle rides a coker and lives in Portland, Oregon.
I'll have to ask him.

--
RedUnicycleRider

Comedy makes me smile, and Richard Nixon running ten hundered miles,
Slapping you across your face, and watching you go back and forth in a
pace,
Mr. Cosby on Nick@Night, watching ladies lick and fight.
Playing with my dog, especially eating dounuts made of fog.
Old August 5th 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

This was posted like a month ago in the "quote of the day from
non-riders" thread.

Thanks for reminding me though.

--
hobo_chuck
Old August 5th 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
osmundo

Somewhat related is a blog that mentioned me on the mount evans climb
http://tinyurl.com/6khagl

--
osmundo
Old August 5th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bondo

osmundo wrote:
Somewhat related is a blog that mentioned me on the mount evans climb
http://tinyurl.com/6khagl

Cool blurb.
You humbled many people that day!

--
Bondo

Apply Directly to a Unicycle.

'w00tni|iciou$n3s$Rof1iwins'
(http://tinyurl.com/5fcdr2)

I just passed out whilst riding. Michaelgoround Unicycling 1 August 1st 08 02:57 AM
I just passed out whilst riding. tobbogonist Unicycling 15 July 31st 08 11:15 PM
robyn korshid has passed way [email protected] Australia 0 January 24th 08 12:00 AM
Lance passed Ullrich k.papai Racing 14 July 5th 05 08:52 AM
[OT] most comic eBay scam yet, methinks Bedtime for Mubarak Techniques 3 January 22nd 05 05:37 PM