No disagreement

Old October 22nd 04, 07:33 AM
Rick Warner

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:53:12 -0400, Ronsonic wrote:

On 21 Oct 2004 15:49:59 -0700, (Rick Warner) wrote:

Bill Baka wrote in message ...

Kind of like last year when my bottom bracket spit out all of its
bearings. I tried using the bike as a scooter, standing on one pedal
and jumping/pushing with the other but that got old so I called
the wife. Another time a pedal flat snapped off so I could not
even play scooter. You can only carry so much stuff. Maybe a trailer
with a whole spare bike? Things break down when THEY want to,
not when it is convenient for the rider.
Bill Baka

Yep, lots of things can break, but most do so rarely. I split a BB
shell once, locking up the cranks.

Please, how the hell does that happen?

Poor construction? The bike was less than a year old, so likely a
manufacturing defect.

- rick
Old October 22nd 04, 06:24 PM
Rick Warner

Blair P. Houghton wrote in message .. .

You ride through wind, rain, and everything else while you're
being an asshole on the Internet?

Geez Blair, you are two out of two this week; twice you have shown
your immaturity by resorting to name calling tactics. I think Mr.
Russell said it best on the other thread; I'll let you re-read that
rather than re-hash it here. Me thinks you need to chill a bit, grow
up a bit, and learn better societal interactive techniques. And
perhaps you should learn to carry a tube and patch kit as well.

- rick
Old October 25th 04, 04:40 AM
Blair P. Houghton

Rick Warner wrote:
Blair P. Houghton wrote in message
. ..

You ride through wind, rain, and everything else while you're
being an asshole on the Internet?

Geez Blair, you are two out of two this week; twice you have shown
your immaturity by resorting to name calling tactics.

No, you're acting like an asshole, so I'm calling you
an asshole. And you don't have any reason to be an asshole,
least of all the stress of riding into the wind.

--Blair
"Take it like a man."
Old October 26th 04, 07:39 PM
Rick Warner

"Cheto" wrote in message ...
"Blair P. Houghton" wrote in message

BTW, I had a flat tire this morning and had to carry my bike home
after only 20 minutes of riding.

Huh? Why didn't you simply repair or replace the tube with the most basic
flat repair tools that ANY cyclist with an iota of common sense ALWAYS
carries. You do carry flat repair tools, don't you?

Yesterday morning I decided to use the opportunity between storms to
go out for a pre-breakfast jaunt into the hills. It was warmer than
last week, when temps dropped to 37 in the morn, but still at about 42
or so I wore the tights and windproof socks. Two miles from home,
trying to avoid drivers high on saturated fats leaving the McCafe I
missed seeing an 8d nail on the road, but it somehow found its way
into the center of my rear tire... and through the tube and into the
inner wall of the rim. Ooops. What to do, what to do? A bit over 2
miles from home, should I walk? Oh right, I have spare tubes and a
patch kit with me. Cool, but the sun is shining so I opt for patching
the existing tube, and trimming the fender that was shredded by the
nail sticking out of my tire. I cut the ride short, but still got
almost 15 miles of hill riding in yesterday ;-)

- rick