It's down to these 2 for me.

Old July 7th 05, 09:20 PM
db.

Default It's down to these 2 for me.

I've been drooling over the Nazca Pioneer USS (the frame is made by
Rainbow) http://www.nazca-ligfietsen.nl/modellen.php?model=7

and the AZUB max extreme http://www.azub.cz/en/azub-max.html

I guess being 6'6" I'm a sucker for dual 26"
but I think these bikes rock!!

db.
Old July 8th 05, 07:28 AM
Slugger

In article , db.
wrote:

I've been drooling over the Nazca Pioneer USS (the frame is made by
Rainbow) http://www.nazca-ligfietsen.nl/modellen.php?model=7

and the AZUB max extreme http://www.azub.cz/en/azub-max.html

I guess being 6'6" I'm a sucker for dual 26"
but I think these bikes rock!!

db.

I never understood the allure of underseat steering. What do you like
about it?
Old July 8th 05, 07:36 AM
Mark Leuck

"Slugger" wrote in message
In article , db.
wrote:

I've been drooling over the Nazca Pioneer USS (the frame is made by
Rainbow) http://www.nazca-ligfietsen.nl/modellen.php?model=7

and the AZUB max extreme http://www.azub.cz/en/azub-max.html

I guess being 6'6" I'm a sucker for dual 26"
but I think these bikes rock!!

db.

I never understood the allure of underseat steering. What do you like
about it?

For one it's a much more relaxed steering position, almost natural depending
on the bike

Old July 8th 05, 09:10 AM
Peter Clinch

Slugger wrote:

I never understood the allure of underseat steering. What do you like
about it?

I've owned or ridden plenty of both flavours, and assuming the basic
implementation has been Done Right then one works well, and the other
one does too. However, I prefer underseat because I find it a more
natural and relaxed way to sit, hands by sides instead of up over chest
or straight out forwards.
Having said that, I'm a trundly tourer and am not in much of a hurry,
riding my Streetmachine fairly slowly and looking around at the
countryside about me. If I got a bit of serious sports equipment I'd be
more inclined to overseat (assuming an underseat was available in the
model anyway).

I recently joined a small tour run by this lot
http://www.ligfietswinkel.nl/Laidback.htm since they were passing
through Dundee with a chap new to 'bents on board riding an OSS Mistral.
At one point he tried a Streetmachine that was on the ride. "Wow!
this just feels so *open* after that one!" he exclaimed, with his smile
suggesting he preferred it that way.

Plus with underseat steering I can do rolling dismounts quite easily,
getting off the bike as it is slowing down to a halt. One thing I miss
about 'bents is ability to do a rolling mount, but at least with USS I
can get /off/ the bike without clumsy clambering around frames and bars.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old July 9th 05, 01:32 AM
db.

Slugger wrote:
In article , db.
wrote:

I've been drooling over the Nazca Pioneer USS (the frame is made by
Rainbow) http://www.nazca-ligfietsen.nl/modellen.php?model=7

and the AZUB max extreme http://www.azub.cz/en/azub-max.html

I guess being 6'6" I'm a sucker for dual 26"
but I think these bikes rock!!

db.

I never understood the allure of underseat steering. What do you like
about it?

The more relaxed attitude, my arms down, instead of hanging on a
steering wheel. For a short wheel base anyways.
It's the only type of `bent I've tried so far.
Old July 11th 05, 10:28 PM
Slugger

In article , db.
wrote:

Slugger wrote:
In article , db.
wrote:

I've been drooling over the Nazca Pioneer USS (the frame is made by
Rainbow) http://www.nazca-ligfietsen.nl/modellen.php?model=7

and the AZUB max extreme http://www.azub.cz/en/azub-max.html

I guess being 6'6" I'm a sucker for dual 26"
but I think these bikes rock!!

db.

I never understood the allure of underseat steering. What do you like
about it?

The more relaxed attitude, my arms down, instead of hanging on a
steering wheel. For a short wheel base anyways.
It's the only type of `bent I've tried so far.

I guess to me I like the comfort of having my hands in front of me.
Must be a security thing. I'll have to give a USS bent a try though.
Old July 11th 05, 10:36 PM
Buck

On 07/11/2005 22:28:28 Slugger wrote:

In article , db.
wrote:

Slugger wrote:

In article , db.
wrote:

I've been drooling over the Nazca Pioneer USS (the frame is made by
Rainbow) http://www.nazca-ligfietsen.nl/modellen.php?model=7

and the AZUB max extreme http://www.azub.cz/en/azub-max.html

I guess being 6'6" I'm a sucker for dual 26" but I think these bikes
rock!!

db.

I never understood the allure of underseat steering. What do you like
about it?

The more relaxed attitude, my arms down, instead of hanging on a steering
wheel. For a short wheel base anyways. It's the only type of `bent I've
tried so far.

I guess to me I like the comfort of having my hands in front of me. Must
be a security thing. I'll have to give a USS bent a try though.

I rode a friends two wheeler the other day with USS, first time on two
wheels other than motorcycle for over a year, I wondered why I ever
bothered with OSS when I rode two wheelers.

The new Catrike Speed by the way displays little if any brake or pedal
steer, very stable beast, good for 50 or 60 mph downhill.

I know my opinion on Catrike is not overly objective, but I am
nontheless impressed.

--

Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike