Profile crank rub HELP!!

Old March 17th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Uniweasel27

Default Profile crank rub HELP!!

I need suggestions please. I just got a nice set up. KH24" with
profile hub and cranks. I took off my KH Moments and put on my new set
up. Problem! The right side Profile crank that has that little
threaded nub sticks out to far and rubs on the welded part of the
dropout of the KH frame. Does anyone know what i am talking about?
Help please.

--
Uniweasel27
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 18th 08, 07:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rowan

Uniweasel27 wrote:
I need suggestions please. I just got a nice set up. KH24" with
profile hub and cranks. I took off my KH Moments and put on my new set
up. Problem! The right side Profile crank that has that little
threaded nub sticks out to far and rubs on the welded part of the
dropout of the KH frame. Does anyone know what i am talking about?
Help please.

You can grind off the nub as it is not needed on a unicycle. The nub is
there for attaching a chainring thingy for bikes. My first set of 170mm
profiles came from Unicycle.com with the nub ground off, then I found
out how ridiculously long they were and I had to order 145s to make it
feel better and they came with the nub intact. Luckily it was not a
problem once I took the bolt out so I didn't have to do any grinding
myself. If you do grind them some paint will come off. You can paint it
again or if you are going to do crank grabs and pedal grinds and stuff
it might not matter if you are going to scratch up your cranks anyway.

--
Rowan
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 18th 08, 08:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

I too had the same problem for my 19"

Step one: grind that thing down. It serves no purpose on a unicycle.
Step two: fill the hole with silicone/sealing material.

--
Danni

'Sliver Trials Course'
'Calgary Trials Vid!'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jUq7cjs9BbA)

Looking for a new 19" CC, a studded Luna or a Muni? Shoot me a PM!
http://www.usenet.com