Kris Holm 29" from UDC - Height Question

Old March 22nd 08, 10:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibob

Default Kris Holm 29" from UDC - Height Question

I've debated for a long time now whether to get a 24" or a 29" to
complement my Nimbus 20" ISIS Trials.

I want a machine that I can go cross country, a little downhill and a
bit of singletrack maybe.

I've just ordered a KH Muni 29er from UDC with Snafu Pedals and a WTB
Stout tyre for £300 because I'm 6`3" I thought a 29er would be more
suitable.

What do fellow unicyclists think about this decision? Do you prefer a
29 er over a 24 if you're a taller person?

--
unibob

UniBob
http://www.unibob.net
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 22nd 08, 11:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

for your requirements a 29 is far superiour, I started out with a KH 24"
for muni, it rules for really technical DH and north shore stuff. Then
i got a cheapo nimbus 29 XC uni. It transformed much of my riding,
which was slow and easy on the 24, in to much faster and more
challenging. Other guys in my group believe that the 29 is also better
for technical stuff, having rode the same sections several times on
both unis. Certainly once a decent 29er tyre comes out I think 29 will
be the size of choice for all muni.

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 22nd 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
_Ground_Zero_

Height doesn't matter, but what you said you were buying it for, you
made a good decision.

--
_Ground_Zero_
http://www.usenet.com