How can I tell if my track bike was made by Eisentraut?

Old October 8th 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default How can I tell if my track bike was made by Eisentraut?

I have what is supposedly a Bianchi Celeste green Campy-equipped track
bike that was made for the (ca.) 1985 national track team. (I could
have the year wrong.) I think Albert Eisentraut made most or all of
the bikes for the national track team that year, and they got the
Bianchi name because Bianchi was a sponsor; at least, that is what I
have heard. How can I tell if my bike was made by Eisentraut or
Bianchi? (I've also heard there is a difference in the appearance of
the underside of the bottom bracket between the two manufacturers.)
Old October 8th 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Carl Sundquist

wrote in message
I have what is supposedly a Bianchi Celeste green Campy-equipped track
bike that was made for the (ca.) 1985 national track team. (I could
have the year wrong.) I think Albert Eisentraut made most or all of
the bikes for the national track team that year, and they got the
Bianchi name because Bianchi was a sponsor; at least, that is what I
have heard. How can I tell if my bike was made by Eisentraut or
Bianchi? (I've also heard there is a difference in the appearance of
the underside of the bottom bracket between the two manufacturers.)

For one thing, neither Eisentraut not Bianchi was the US national team bike
sponsor in 1985. As far as I know, neither has been a sponsor of the
national team in _any_ year. That said, it is entirely possible that
Eisentraut built a bike for someone who was on the national team (or a
bianchi distributor/shop gave a bike to a certain rider).

The bike sponsor in the mid 80's was Raleigh/Huffy. Any non production
pieces were primarily built by Mike Melton. I think Mike Celmins built Rory
O'Reilly's bikes and Serotta built some of the 7-Eleven riders' bikes. And
in '85, I think they were still mainly using the same bikes from '84.