6K on a 2006 Madone

Old March 19th 11, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
sam[_9_]

Default 6K on a 2006 Madone

Would you consider that a lot?

Thanks,

Old March 19th 11, 05:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
H. Fred Kveck

In article , sam
wrote:

Would you consider that a lot?

Miles, or dollars?
Old March 19th 11, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"H. Fred Kveck" wrote in message
In article , sam

wrote:

Would you consider that a lot?

Miles, or dollars?

That's my question too. 6k miles would be pretty low for 4 or 5 years of
use. I'm a has-been/never-was guy who hasn't really raced in 30+ years and I
still get in 7200 miles/year.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old March 19th 11, 10:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"sam" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

wrote:

Would you consider that a lot?

Miles, or dollars?

That's my question too. 6k miles would be pretty low for 4 or 5 years of
use. I'm a has-been/never-was guy who hasn't really raced in 30+ years
and I
still get in 7200 miles/year.

--Mike Jacoubowsky

So do you think the bicycle and groupo has a lot left
in it? He wants 1300 for it. Says it has been well taken
care of.

Thanks,

OK, now we have soemthing to go on. We're saying it's a 2006 Madone that has
6000 miles on it, and he's selling it for $1300. Is this DuraAce or Ultegra?
There are many versions of the Madone (we've sold them all). If the bike is
the right size (far more important than how good a deal it is!!!!) and has
never been crashed, sounds like it could be a good deal. But how are you
going to know its history? You should be looking over the frame with a
fine-tooth comb, looking for any nicks & scratches that might indicate
impact. Check for damage to the rear derailleur, pedals and brake levers,
all of which might come in contact with the ground if crashed. Obviously,
make sure it's not stolen. And finally, regarding its value as a used bike,
keep in mind that bike warranties cover only the original purchaser, so the
"lifetime" frame warranty against defects will no longer be valid.

Hope this helps-

Old March 19th 11, 11:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
sam[_9_]

In article ,
says...

"sam" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Mike. I just found out he sold it already.

The groupo was Ultegra.

Old March 20th 11, 06:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

No one has ever ridden a Madone that much - they either break way
before then or are hung up on a wall and then pointed at excessively
as "the same bike that Lance Armstrong rides sort of" sometimes those
break too.

Old March 21st 11, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Choppy Warburton

On Mar 20, 1:36*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
No one has ever ridden a Madone that much - they either break way
before then or are hung up on a wall and then pointed at excessively
as "the same bike that Lance Armstrong rides sort of" *sometimes those
break too.

Someone pointed at Kunichs fork ?