Ft. Desoto State Park- Florida

Old March 12th 05, 01:30 PM
Gregg

Default Ft. Desoto State Park- Florida

Anyone done any riding around Ft. Desoto State Park, St. Pete area? My
wife and I along with three year old son plan on riding during our trip
in a week. We will be camping at the park and our major plans include
daily rides of 25 -40 plus miles. We have a Burley Rumba and will be
pulling a trailer. Any route help would be greatly appreciated. We are
wondering primarily about biking along the bay north of the park. Thanks
for any help.

Gregg
Old March 13th 05, 10:38 AM
Bill Cotton

"Gregg" wrote in message
Anyone done any riding around Ft. Desoto State Park, St. Pete area? My
wife and I along with three year old son plan on riding during our trip in
a week. We will be camping at the park and our major plans include daily
rides of 25 -40 plus miles. We have a Burley Rumba and will be pulling a
trailer. Any route help would be greatly appreciated. We are wondering
primarily about biking along the bay north of the park. Thanks for any
help.

Gregg

I have bicycle the Gulf Beaches roads north of Ft. Desoto to Clearwater.
Traffic can get heavy in season. Summer the roads are like wide country
roads.
The entrance to Ft Desoto is 34th Street, Rt. 19 and 54th Street. From 54th
Street east to 37th Street. 37th street is shown to go through at this
point. I however use 31st St. to get to 37th Street and 8th Ave south, the
start Pinellas Trail. It run from this point to Tarpon Spring, with a leg
near the northern end that heads toward Tampa. ( for the most part, streets
runs north/south and Avenues are east/west. On this page are track on maps
of my ride in the area a few years ago. I started the Ride near 37th street
and 40th Avenue.
http://www.billcotton.com/stpete.htm
The Pinellas trail has overpasses at major crossing and fourway stop signs
at others. The trail is a rail-to-trail venture.

Old March 13th 05, 05:40 PM
TomCAt

Pinellas County Bicycle Trail.

Goes from Tarpon Springs all the way to Ft Desoto.

I am not too familiar with the Ft Desoto end of the trail but the north end
... Tarpon .. Dunedin .. Clearwater ...

This is bicycle heaven.

Old March 13th 05, 06:40 PM
Gregg Fowler

Thanks for the great info Bill. Thanks also to you Tom. The directions to
the Pinellas Trail are some that we were wondering about. We had already
seen info on the trail and wondered the best root to get there from the
park. The maps on your website are also great. We are really looking forward
to the trip. Haven't done a lot of riding thus far this year and are looking
to get a leg up while camping at Fort Desoto.

Gregg

"Bill Cotton" wrote in message

"Gregg" wrote in message
[...]

Bear Mtn Spring Classic Saturday April 30 in Harriman State Park John Forrest Tomlinson Racing 0 February 7th 05 02:52 AM
you people are gay MagillaGorilla Racing 282 December 7th 04 07:06 PM
Mike Vandeman qa2 Mountain Biking 26 November 18th 03 12:16 PM
RR: Blackout 2003 - Belmont State Park Carla A-G Mountain Biking 4 August 16th 03 05:56 PM