Giraffe sprocket question

Old April 2nd 05, 11:25 PM
shibumi

Default Giraffe sprocket question

My 5' giraffe has a 28 tooth sprocket on the top and bottom, with a 20"
wheel. If I change the bottom sprocket to a 14 tooth sprocket, what
would the equivalent wheel size be?

--
shibumi - On A Uni

Jeff
shibumi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8816

Old April 2nd 05, 11:29 PM
DK

lets do the math 28 divided by 14 is 2. 2 times 20= 40 so i guess it
would be a 40" wheel.

--
DK - Team YAMS Member

-Hunter-
Im super, thanks for asking.
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

Old April 2nd 05, 11:38 PM
shibumi

Thanks, I thought half the sprocket would double the wheel size but I
wanted to be sure.

Oh, and I don't do math!

Old April 3rd 05, 04:43 AM
yoopers

Might want to check. Some of the lower sprokets on chain driven uni's
are spot welded to the hub. If so, it also makes it pretty hard to
repair a spoke if the wrong spoke is broken.

yoopers - Bruce & Mary Edwards

My son Brad after enduring the epic movie, The Last Samurai: "Who
invented war? Countries should all settle their differences with a huge
game of Rock, Paper, Scissors."
yoopers's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/31

Old April 3rd 05, 08:46 PM
shibumi

I did the research on that already and found out the lower sprocket is a
screw on. I'm in the process of putting a 21 tooth on the lower. Can't
wait to fly!

--
shibumi - On A Uni

Jeff
shibumi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8816

Micro giraffe (normal height seat) Tunnelrat81 Unicycling 9 February 21st 05 12:45 AM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
replacing spokes in a giraffe wheel mgrant Unicycling 2 January 25th 04 06:59 PM
Anyone try a Torker giraffe yet? why so cheap? Sofa Unicycling 31 December 7th 03 03:16 AM
Replacing freewheel - question about chain Dan Musicant Techniques 4 August 8th 03 05:10 PM