New Barcroft Dakota

Old November 29th 06, 08:57 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
mike vore

Default New Barcroft Dakota

Bill Cook (http://barcroftcycles.com) delivered my new Dakota today - so in
spite of having lots to do I took it for a short (19mi) ride. It was great, I
still have to get used to the shorter wheelbase - the old bike was was a
Limbo, now sitting dejected and pouting with a flat front tire. Now all I
have to do is outfit it with reflectors and flashers. I'll give a better
review after I get some miles on it.

--
Mike Vore
http://www.OhMyWoodness.com
Old November 30th 06, 01:19 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman

mike vore wrote:
Bill Cook (http://barcroftcycles.com) delivered my new Dakota today - so in
spite of having lots to do I took it for a short (19mi) ride. It was great, I
still have to get used to the shorter wheelbase - the old bike was was a
Limbo, now sitting dejected and pouting with a flat front tire. Now all I
have to do is outfit it with reflectors and flashers. I'll give a better
review after I get some miles on it.

You didn't carve your own frame out of wood? ;-)

From the one time I met him, Bill Cook seems like a good guy, and the

Barcroft bikes are very nicely detailed and finished.

--
Tom Sherman - Post Free or Die!

Old December 1st 06, 07:15 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
oups.com...

mike vore wrote:
Bill Cook (http://barcroftcycles.com) delivered my new Dakota today - so
in
spite of having lots to do I took it for a short (19mi) ride. It was
great, I
still have to get used to the shorter wheelbase - the old bike was was a
Limbo, now sitting dejected and pouting with a flat front tire. Now all
have to do is outfit it with reflectors and flashers. I'll give a better
review after I get some miles on it.

You didn't carve your own frame out of wood? ;-)

From the one time I met him, Bill Cook seems like a good guy, and the
Barcroft bikes are very nicely detailed and finished.

I met Bill Cook a couple of times on CANDISC (a week long organized group
bike tour of North Dakota). He is from Virginia and like me prefers the wide
open spaces of North Dakota for bike touring.

He let me ride his prototype at the time and I told him the BB was too high
for me. He, like all good bike manufacturers, dismissed me as a nut. But
that was OK with me as I thought he was a bit of a nut too. He seemed not to
know how to go slow on his recumbent bike. He only had only speed - super
fast.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

oh BTW...using Dakota Ridge to get to Falcon LIBERATOR Mountain Biking 0 October 7th 06 09:26 PM
North Dakota route 83. Ed Culp Rides 3 July 12th 06 03:35 PM
FS BARCROFT VIRGINIA GT Randall Roberts Recumbent Biking 1 April 9th 06 07:27 PM
Barcroft / Sliding Boom Ken Huizenga Recumbent Biking 5 January 5th 05 04:49 AM
adjusting the seat barcroft dakota Melanie Recumbent Biking 5 August 8th 04 09:46 AM