Heavy Guys and potato chips

Old June 15th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
princegeorge

Default Heavy Guys and potato chips

I'm a heavy guy and have turned more than a couple unicycles into potato
chips so I'm a little hesitant to go all out on my new $500 purchase
from bedford cycles.

I got a 26 inch wheel and a street tire. I compress the tire a great
deal even when it is overinflated. So should I

- get a smaller wheeled unicycle because those are less likely to warp
(is this true?)
- get a thicker tire to avoid hitting the rim from my larger than
average frame?
- Lay off the potato chips and give it up so lond as I weigh in at
280lbs?

Tkx for the advice,

- Scott

--
princegeorge
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 15th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mill_mobile

princegeorge wrote:

- Lay off the potato chips and give it up so lond as I weigh in at
280lbs?

Tkx for the advice,

- Scott

I'd go this option, too many of these cant be good for you
Have the occasion few but just dont go overboard.... before long you'll
be busting out gnarly moves without messing your uni

--
mill_mobile
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 15th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Keldridge

I would recommend starting with B and C... tho if your riding your uni a
lot, C will take care of itself...

Keld

--
Keldridge
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 16th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sgaterboy

ever tried sumo-cycling?

--
Sgaterboy
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 16th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mill_mobile

Sgaterboy wrote:
ever tried sumo-cycling?

Now now, keep it nice please... we are a friendly forum... we dont
wanna lose a fellow uni'er.

--
mill_mobile
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 16th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

Great!, welcome to the forum ! Glad to have you around!
I have a KH 24. What kind of uni's have you squashed ? I think you
couldn't break a 24 or 26 muni without doing big drops. At least not a
strong one.
Definitely don't stop riding. I have lost 15 lbs. in the 3 months
since I started !
I just ordered a new tire, but thats it as far as trashing stuff goes.

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 16th 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CKCrowe

Sgaterboy wrote:
ever tried sumo-cycling?

That would be SWEET!
Get some zip up Pj's, stuff it with pillows and blankets, then make a
movie!!!!!!!

that would be SOOO COOL!
bedford is good quality, I'd go with B/C

--
CKCrowe

1-5 Hours a day- 3! Brand new tricks for me. You'll have to see them in
my movie...coming up in a couple weeks!(one on the 2nd, then the 8th,
and now the 9th!(Dates[June]))
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=unicrankflipMy Youtube Account
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 16th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Keldridge

Some of us (looks in mirror) don't need pillows and stuff... :S

Keld

--
Keldridge
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 16th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

Switch to Cheetos.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

http://www.usenet.com
Old June 16th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
princegeorge

What kind of uni's have you squashed ? I think you couldn't break a
24 or 26 muni without doing big drops

I've taco'd three Norco's (more 'affordable' brands), mostly from hops
up stairs etc. I'm pretty sure it's the sideways motion. They were
20inch and 24 inch.

My nice one is 26 inches and I wonder if a larger wheel means more
likelihood to bend. Part of me thinks yes and part of me thinks no.

- Scott

--
princegeorge
http://www.usenet.com