I was misled

Old June 26th 04, 02:05 AM
Tom Sherman

Default I was misled

Fortunately the American people still have friends in the world even
though our administration is universally hated. However we could
change that too in the upcoming election....

Is should be remembered that Bush II lost the popular vote in the 2000
election, and that the character of his administration is not what he
promised. Bush II has not shown any compassion, other than for the very
rich.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old June 26th 04, 06:02 AM
Tim McNamara

Tom Sherman writes:

wrote:

... Fortunately the American people still have friends in the
world even though our administration is universally hated. However
we could change that too in the upcoming election....

In France in 2002 and 2003, I found universal friendliness and
support. The French have not forgotten WWI and WWII, contrary to the
lies of the right-wingers in this country, and they do not confuse the
muddled politics of the Bush Administration with those of their
American visitors.

Is should be remembered that Bush II lost the popular vote in the
2000 election, and that the character of his administration is not
what he promised. Bush II has not shown any compassion, other than
for the very rich.

You think that matters? The Republicans are the savviest politicians
in the United States and understand well how to manipulate
single-issue voters into voting against their own interests on a whole
raft of other issues. They are the masters of hot-button politics.
Even a repellent asshole like Tom DeLay has no trouble finding people
willing to pour millions into Republican coffers by manipulating
people blindered by the one or two issues they are obsessed with.

Reagan and Bush I left America a shambles and the public didn't
notice- hell, lots of people think Reagan actually balanced the budget
rather than running up the biggest deficits in history. His failures
have been trumped only by Bush II. For that matter, lots of people
think Reagan started the buildup of American military forces that
contributed to the downfall of the Soviet Union- but that was actually
Carter. Reagan just reaped the reward. Lots of people think Carter
presided over the energy crisis of the 70's- but that was Ford. Since
1980, the Republicans have pulled off one of the most massive
political deceptions in the history of this country and has very
nearly made a liar out of Abraham Lincoln.
Old June 26th 04, 08:02 AM
A Muzi

Tom Sherman wrote:
Is should be remembered that Bush II lost the popular

vote in the 2000
election, and that the character of his administration is not what he
promised. Bush II has not shown any compassion, other than for the very
rich.

Won by every count except the left's grousing fantasy.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old June 26th 04, 08:22 AM
G.T.

A Muzi wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote:
Is should be remembered that Bush II lost the popular vote in the 2000

election, and that the character of his administration is not what he
promised. Bush II has not shown any compassion, other than for the
very rich.

Won by every count except the left's grousing fantasy.

Because voters were prevented from voting? I didn't see any liberals
preventing rich, white males from voting. That's one of the reasons the
left is getting so ****ed off. The only thing the right has to worry
about is a few liberal pundits while the left has to worry about racism,
sexism, corporatism, being shot and killed by whacko anti-abortionists,
being denied the right to vote, the list goes on and on.

Greg
--
Destroy your safe and happy lives
Before it is too late
Old June 26th 04, 05:07 PM
Mark Janeba

A Muzi wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Is should be remembered that Bush II lost the popular vote in the 2000
election,

Won by every count except the left's grousing fantasy.

Let's at least get our facts straight on this one. Even the Republicans
will (grudgingly) admit that Bush lost the popular vote in 2000. US
presidents get elected by *electoral vote*, not popular vote. A
president has been elected while losing the popular vote at least twice
in US history (previously in the 1800's); this in itself does not
constitute a controversy.

The disputed issue is whether Bush won the electoral vote, again because
it is disputed whether he won the popular vote in Florida and hence
Florida's electoral votes.

Mark Janeba

Old June 26th 04, 08:58 PM
Tim McNamara

Mark Janeba writes:

A Muzi wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Is should be remembered that Bush II lost the popular vote in the
2000 election,

Won by every count except the left's grousing fantasy.

Let's at least get our facts straight on this one. Even the
Republicans will (grudgingly) admit that Bush lost the popular vote
in 2000. US presidents get elected by *electoral vote*, not popular
vote. A president has been elected while losing the popular vote at
least twice in US history (previously in the 1800's); this in itself
does not constitute a controversy.

The disputed issue is whether Bush won the electoral vote, again
because it is disputed whether he won the popular vote in Florida
and hence Florida's electoral votes.

Bush won the only vote that mattered: the Supreme Court, who paid back
their debt to the Republican Party with interest. Can you imagine the
grousing we'd have had for the past four years if it had gone the
other way and Gore was in the White House? It'd have been on Rush
Limbaugh's lip severy three minutes for the past four years. And yet
that fat drug fiend ****** has had the temerity to say that the
Democrats should "just get over it" and "unite behind the President"
time and time again. Ah well, it's all infotainment as he keeps
claiming, right?
Old June 26th 04, 10:16 PM
Tom Sherman

Tim McNamara wrote:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me —
you can't get fooled again." —George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept.
17, 2002

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old June 26th 04, 10:32 PM
Mark Hickey

Tom Sherman wrote:

Fortunately the American people still have friends in the world even
though our administration is universally hated. However we could
change that too in the upcoming election....

Is should be remembered that Bush II lost the popular vote in the 2000
election, and that the character of his administration is not what he
promised. Bush II has not shown any compassion, other than for the very
rich.

"- 46 million married couples would receive an average tax cut of
$1,716.
- 34 million families with children would benefit from an average tax
cut of $1,473.
- 6 million single women with children would receive an average tax
cut of $541.
- 13 million elderly taxpayers would receive an average tax cut of
$1,384.
- 23 million small business owners would receive tax cuts averaging
$2,042. "

Dang, there must be a LOT of "very rich" people in the US, huh?

"Americans in the lowest tax brackets receive the largest percentage
reduction in their tax burden. 3 million moderate-income families will
see their income tax burden eliminated entirely. Example: A family of
four with an income of $40,000 would see their federal income taxes
fall from $1,178 to $45 under the President’s plan. "

I didn't realize you could make so little and still be "very rich".
In fact, I think I'll go order my Mercedes now that I know I probably
fall into that category myownself.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com