Sugino cranks...Still around????

Old August 7th 04, 06:51 PM
DaveWV

Default Sugino cranks...Still around????

I have a Sugino CSSII crankset on my old Norco Java. I was looking for
info on it and am having troble finding much about the company. Are
they still around and making cranks? If so, does Sugino make them
themselves or someone else. Thanks.

--
DaveWV

Old August 8th 04, 01:23 AM
Mark Hickey

DaveWV wrote:

I have a Sugino CSSII crankset on my old Norco Java. I was looking for
info on it and am having troble finding much about the company. Are
they still around and making cranks? If so, does Sugino make them
themselves or someone else. Thanks.

They're still out there, still making some of the best cranks on the
planet (and probably the best value anywhere). Sugino forges their
own cranks, and actually supplies other manufacturers like Ritchey.

Most bike shops can order them through their distributor (if they give
you a hard time, tell 'em they're in the QBP catalog).

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Old August 8th 04, 02:46 AM
ellis

"DaveWV" wrote in message
news

I have a Sugino CSSII crankset on my old Norco Java. I was looking for
info on it and am having troble finding much about the company. Are
they still around and making cranks? If so, does Sugino make them
themselves or someone else. Thanks.

--
DaveWV

My Impels are still running storng... since 1996. I believe CSSII is
designation for their rings, not the crank arms themselves.

Old August 8th 04, 01:10 PM

Had one on my Trek back in 97.

I MTB 2004

Old August 8th 04, 03:29 PM
Doki

wrote:
Had one on my Trek back in 97.

You had a Trek with one crank?

Old August 8th 04, 09:30 PM
Fred Hinkson

Its called crank not cranks. Two crank arms, three
chainrings,two crank bolts,and 4 to 5 chainring bolts = one crank.

MTB Ride hard die free.

Old August 8th 04, 10:14 PM
Stephen Baker

Fred H says:

Two crank arms, three
chainrings,two crank bolts,and 4 to 5 chainring bolts = one crank.

set....
Old August 9th 04, 03:28 AM
S o r n i

Stephen Baker wrote:
Fred H says:

Two crank arms, three
chainrings,two crank bolts,and 4 to 5 chainring bolts = one crank.

set....

match....

Bill "Sugino crank_s_ with mixed rings on neglected hardtail" S.

Old August 9th 04, 04:37 PM
Corvus Corvax

DaveWV wrote:
I have a Sugino CSSII crankset on my old Norco Java. I was looking

for
info on it and am having troble finding much about the company. Are
they still around and making cranks? If so, does Sugino make them
themselves or someone else. Thanks.

I have Sugino track cranks on my fixie. Wonderful things.

CC

Need crank help. Sigurd Unicycling 30 July 24th 04 05:42 PM
Stockpiling 110mm/74mm chainrings and cranks Rocketman General 15 November 13th 03 07:32 PM
Stockpiling 110mm/74mm chainrings and cranks Rocketman Techniques 16 November 13th 03 07:32 PM