Unicycle Hockey Tournament, Manchester (UK), Saturday 11th March

Old April 2nd 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Unicycle Hockey Tournament, Manchester (UK), Saturday 11th March

Hi,

I've finally found time to copy the results of the tournament from paper
to computer. By the way - nice handwriting everybody

There were 115 goals over 20 games, with 21 SUBs, 5 high sticks and 2
own goals as well.

Top 5 goal scorers we

Steve C: 16
Liv M: 13
Jonny M: 10
Gary H: 9
Andy P/James P: 8

As Jonny and Liv were both on the same team, it's hardly suprising that
team A won! I seem to remember Liv scoring lots at the last Manchester
tournament - she was on the winning side then as well (along with me

Goals by team:

A: 30
B: 23
C: 21
D: 22
E: 22

Pretty close really, apart from team A of course... This does take into
account Steve and Keith changing teams half way through.

The joint top SUBbing players were Steve C and Sarah S with 3 each.
There were five people who got two SUBs, so it seems that it's
addictive. The team captains accounted for 43% of the total SUBs.

SUBs by team:

A: 2
B: 6
C: 7
D: 3
E: 3

Some special mentions:

Joe M and Andy P were the only non-beginners to have high sticks. If you
know them, it should be hardly suprising.

Unluckily, Keith G scored both of the own goals. Both of them were when
he was playing against team E and neither of them made any difference to
the end result of the game.

Thanks again to Steve, Stu and everybody else who organised it - see you
next time!

Cheers,

Roger
Old April 2nd 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I remeber thinking at the time but not getting round to asking but
what's a SUB. I presumed it was a foul.???

Cathy

--
cathwood

Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

Old April 2nd 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

cathwood wrote:

I remeber thinking at the time but not getting round to asking but
what's a SUB. I presumed it was a foul.???

Yes, that's right. It's the "Stick under bike" foul and is by far the
most common of fouls. The "Stick in bike" foul (SIB) also exists - this
is when you get your stick caught in the spokes of a wheel. Much more
dramatic - the player being SIBbed will definitely come off their uni
whereas SUBs don't always result in the player coming off and so isn't
usually treated as a foul, at least by us in the East Mids. SIBs are
much rarer thankfully - we've had just two SIBs since the new year (both
by the same person - tut tut John) compared to 59 SUBs.

Cheers,

Roger
Old April 2nd 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

cathwood wrote:
I remeber thinking at the time but not getting round to asking but
what's a SUB. I presumed it was a foul.???

Cathy

Stick Under Bike - i.e. the stick is under someones wheel you can also
have the thankfully rarer SIB or Stick In Bike when some one rams their
stick into someone elses spokes

--
roland
roland's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5937

Old April 2nd 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

roland wrote:
or Stick In Bike when some one rams their stick into someone elses
spokes

or when someone just happens to be innocently hanging around, generally
being a fine example of sportsmanship, and someone cruelly rides
straight into your stick and rips it from your hands using their
spokes. Who was really fouled, eh?

--
johnhimsworth

Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level and then
beat you with experience.
johnhimsworth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1788

Old April 2nd 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

johnhimsworth wrote:
or when someone just happens to be innocently hanging around, generally
being a fine example of sportsmanship, and someone cruelly rides
straight into your stick and rips it from your hands using their
spokes. Who was really fouled, eh?

There's no wriggling out of it John you are the No.1 EMU SIBer [image:
http://www.world-of-smilies.com/html...ort/b0300.gif] (I
think my spokes are OK)

Well done with your transcription Roger (the good hand writing was
mine, honest). And I came 4th in goals scored, but most important,
ahead of Andy

I noticed Liv M was scoring well but 13, WOW very well done.

--
unicus

'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)
'Videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/unicus)
unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

Old April 3rd 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

unicus wrote:

Well done with your transcription Roger (the good hand writing was
mine, honest). And I came 4th in goals scored, but most important,
ahead of Andy

Ah, Gary I meant to put you in as a special mention as well but I forgot.

Gary prides himself on being a very infrequent SUBber, only having
managed a single one this year so far on our regular tuesday games. I
haven't got the results in front of me, but I'm quite certain that he
managed two SUBs over the course of the tournament. Terrible really,
taking out his aggression on the young kids (probably .

Roger