Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Old January 15th 09, 02:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brycer1968

Default Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Klaas Bil;1170555 wrote:
Just thinking: would there be merit in having two seats at the same
time? A bike seat in the rear and a unicycle seat in the usual location?
And then some short handlebars in front? The latter would be
(1) relatively close to the uni seat for mounting and for power uphill
or other low-speed situations,
(2) relatively far from the bike seat, to allow an extended arm
position.

Potential bonuses:
(a) if you have saddle-soreness from one seat, it might be a relief to
switch to the other seat in mid-ride;
(b) maybe the uni seat can double up as some kind of elbow support.

Oh man, you might soon have a . . . . tandem unicycle or uni with a
child seat going there.

--
brycer1968
Old January 15th 09, 05:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

Klaas Bil;1170555 wrote:
Just thinking: would there be merit in having two seats at the same
time? A bike seat in the rear and a unicycle seat in the usual location?
And then some short handlebars in front? The latter would be
(1) relatively close to the uni seat for mounting and for power uphill
or other low-speed situations,
(2) relatively far from the bike seat, to allow an extended arm
position.

Potential bonuses:
(a) if you have saddle-soreness from one seat, it might be a relief to
switch to the other seat in mid-ride;
(b) maybe the uni seat can double up as some kind of elbow support.

I don't think you would be able to switch seats on the fly assuming
they are at a suitable road riding height. At least I don't think I
would be able to slide off the back of a unicycle seat high enough for
road riding without jumping off the pedals.

It might be good for a dual purpose road/MUni 36er assuming the uni
seat does not get in the way when using the bike seat.

Would having a double seated uni be cheating for level 11?

--
saskatchewanian
Old January 15th 09, 10:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munirocks

The second seat would probably look very strange. I also wouldn't want
to add that much more weight to my uni. I think one very adjustable bike
seat should be sufficient for road riding.

--
munirocks

mono for bono
Old January 15th 09, 11:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Klaas Bil

munirocks;1170814 wrote:
The second seat would probably look very strange.

Here's a unicyclist afraid of looking strange.

--
Klaas Bil
Old January 15th 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munirocks

Klaas Bil;1170822 wrote:
Here's a unicyclist afraid of looking strange.

Well alright, I guess we already look pretty strange to all non
unicyclists, but what I mean is -I- wouldn't like the looks of two seats
behind each other.

--
munirocks

mono for bono
Old January 15th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniSano

munirocks you might be thinking of a "banana bike" seat which as I
recall was probably as long as two seats end to end. I had one as a
kid, they were pretty cool as it was really easy to do wheelie's on. So
perhaps a "t-frame" but with a really long seat mounted on top of the
"T".

--
MuniSano
Old January 15th 09, 08:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munirocks

MuniSano;1170862 wrote:
munirocks you might be thinking of a "banana bike" seat which as I
recall was probably as long as two seats end to end. I had one as a
kid, they were pretty cool as it was really easy to do wheelie's on. So
perhaps a "t-frame" but with a really long seat mounted on top of the
"T".

Hmm, yeah I might try that some time. But for now I'm pretty satisfied
with my current bike seat setup.

--
munirocks

mono for bono