1 foot wheel walk. need tips

Old July 15th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CameronHolden

Default 1 foot wheel walk. need tips

I can wheel walk with both feet fearly well and can get into 1 foot
wheel walking but can only do it for a few metres or so. Is there any
thing that will help apart from practice? I am doing this on a qu-ax
trials uni.

--
CameronHolden
CameronHolden's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12676

Old July 15th 06, 08:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
muzzle

lean back, look forwards (not down) get the feel of the kick, dont go
too fast/far or not far/fast enough. practise.
good luck!

--
muzzle

my videos: 'muzzle!videos' (http://youtube.com/profile?user=muzzl3)
http://youtube.com/profile?user=muzzl3
my website: '!muzzle!' (http://www.muzzle.co.nr)
http://www.muzzle.co.nr
muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458

Old July 15th 06, 08:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

It took me a long time to get the basics of 1-ft-ww. Didn't help that I
didn't practice.

It's all about learning foot control and learning the right touch on
the tire (not too much and not too little). Helps me to point my foot
down and keep the foot pointed down as much as possible. When the foot
flattens out or when the heel gets too close to the tire I lose it.
The big hurdle is learning the foot control and the muscle memory so
you can do it without thinking. Once you get that the skill is yours.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Dirty Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Old July 15th 06, 10:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomtrevor

im currently learning 1 foot wheel walking as well. i find the best way
is to look forwards, keep your body up straight and have your arms
spread out to keep your balance easier.

--
tomtrevor

I was doing a wheelie on my bike and figured why not buy a unicycle.
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

Old July 15th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
picado

iam learning too

and what i have find is the same from tomtrevor

--
picado

###unicycle for JAH RASTAFARI###

One wheel in brazil
picado's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11964

Old July 17th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Victory

I'm in the 1 footed ww learning stage also...
One thing I find for me is not to forget to twist as needed to keep
your balance the way you would with two footed.
I think John has it right with the "muscle memory" as I really only
started to practice yesterday and spent an hour doing only 1ft ww today
and by the end I was able to go 10 feet easily.(on a 20" lx)

--
Victory

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ln5ml)
your restless heart won’t win ‘cause you take but you don’t give
and you’ll keep moving on until you learn what love is
~ sanctus real
Victory's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10062

Old July 17th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nickvb123

learn 1ft ww quickly so you can get onto gliding

--
nickvb123

^_^
nickvb123's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5926

Old October 30th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vuniw

how do you get into the position for one wheel walking? i can do regular
wheel walking but i just cant get into the right position so its just 1

--
vuniw

_List_of_Cool_Words_

- funkitated-skrobo
- gruegel-dan de man
- gib-JJtheunicycle

(still adding)

BluntRM wrote:
My junk bike popped a chain link as I sped across an intersection: one
flip and a head plant later and I'm a unicycle purist.

vuniw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12772

Old October 30th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
picado

vuniw wrote:
how do you get into the position for one wheel walking? i can do regular
wheel walking but i just cant get into the right position so its just 1

go for the ww 2 foots and them just put one foot on the frame

Old October 30th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

I suggest starting off fromt he wall or other poletype thingymajig.

eidt: hehe, I said poletype thingymajig...

--
mornish

vuniw wrote:
its like doing drugs except healthier

dan de man wrote:
this game is worse that playing Rock Paper Sissors on an internet forum

tugboat wrote:
Hopping over a 7 set rail... I made it over and and cleared the set, but
the impact apparently wasn't good for the wheel...

Need help with Wheel Walk Uni-D3 Unicycling 10 May 4th 06 07:55 PM
backwards wheel walk amanda.gallacher Unicycling 15 July 6th 05 01:29 AM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
The Basics of Wheel Alignment and Wheelbuilding Jeff Napier Techniques 338 August 23rd 04 09:17 PM
Coasting learning progression... andrew_carter Unicycling 2 October 26th 03 08:40 PM