Nimbus 36" VS Coker

Old July 25th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholmer

Default Nimbus 36" VS Coker

I am trying to decide between a Nimbus 36" or a Coker (which it looks
none are available till 2008).

Any opinions to which would be a better choice? Right now I ride a KH
24" that I just love!! But I want to add to my collection.

Thanks.

--
tholmer
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 25th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wumpus

well i received my nimbus 36 two weeks ago, and have been commuting
every other day 5.2 miles to work .... It is a blast. My T7 handle
broke at a weld... but UDC quickly shipped a replacement.... (i
like the handle, nice for climbing steep hills)

my only qualms is how hard the 24 seems to ride in comparison.... the
36 inch wheel just goes... and is so smooth a ride. my muni seems
sluggish and well no nearly as easy to maintain momentum etc...

I think i would have been just as happy frame wise with the radial..
but the airfoil is great...

--
wumpus
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 25th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Coker are currently bringing out a new model. They have not released any
info apart from a picture, where the uni is covered by a blanket.
Therefore unfortunately no-one knows what spec the cokers available in
2008 will be, so we can't really answer your question. Having said
that, I love my N36.

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Old July 25th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

kington99 wrote:
Coker are currently bringing out a new model. They have not released any
info apart from a picture, where the uni is covered by a blanket.
Therefore unfortunately no-one knows what spec the cokers available in
2008 will be, so we can't really answer your question. Having said
that, I love my N36.

From what I've heard here the word *currently* seems a bit optimistic.

I have an nimbus 36 with T7 handle and airfoil rim and I love it.

--
cathwood

Cathy
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 25th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

cathwood wrote:
From what I've heard here the word *currently* seems a bit optimistic.

I have an nimbus 36 with T7 handle and airfoil rim and I love it.

Well they're currently in the process of bringing it out. When
they've finished bringing it out is an entirely different matter, I
think 2008 is probably a reasonable expectation.

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Old July 25th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

The Nimbus 36 is a well-designed communter uni, affordable, and best of
all, AVAILABLE. Just my view, but I don't think Coker will be coming
out with anything so superior (and affordable) to make it worth
delaying your gratification.

Bird in the hand and all that...

tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 26th 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni_jim

i want the nimbus

--
uni_jim

phthoruth wrote:
just because Kris can do it, doesnt mean its possible

'evolve trials'
(http://tinyurl.com/2uho7c)
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 26th 07, 10:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
daveyearp

I took delivery of my Nibus 36, now know as Bridgette (the midget),
about 3 weeks ago ... love it .. great fun. If you have the funds ..
don't hang around get one ordered today.. Cheers Davey

--
daveyearp
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 27th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholmer

Thanks everybody for your input. Looks like I will be ordering my
Nimbus 36 as soon as possible. Sounds like I should get the T Handle?

--
tholmer
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 27th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

kington99 wrote:
Coker are currently bringing out a new model. They have not released any
info apart from a picture, where the uni is covered by a blanket.
Therefore unfortunately no-one knows what spec the cokers available in
2008 will be, so we can't really answer your question. Having said
that, I love my N36.

My understanding (from e-mails that were published in forum threads)
was that they're using an alloy rim and a new hub. They were also
giving thought to different tyre designs. Last estimate I saw from
them was that the new uni would be unveiled later this year. But if
it's not, it would by no means be the first time their estimates had
slipped

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
http://www.usenet.com