BC Discussion Thread

Old December 16th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
critter

Default BC Discussion Thread

HOW 'bout a BC wheel that has staggered foot plates?
One foot in front of the axle and the other one behind.
Like goofy foot or regular stance.?
Like a skateboarder. It would make it easier to carve the bowls.

--
critter

MUni! The closest I'll ever get to bull riding!
Old December 16th 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
littleman

critter;1150505 wrote:
HOW 'bout a BC wheel that has staggered foot plates?
One foot in front of the axle and the other one behind.
Like goofy foot or regular stance.?
Like a skateboarder. It would make it easier to carve the bowls.

That is a good idea, but it would be hard to come up with a strong
design that's also light.

--
littleman

http://sixsixone.com/

gabetheunicycleman wrote:
just a quick question for girl unicyclists, as guys we get nutted, do
you ever get clitted.?

Old December 16th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
critter

littleman;1150525 wrote:
That is a good idea, but it would be hard to come up with a strong
design that's also light.

like this

peleschramm;1134246 wrote:
I would build a freewheel uni instead. It's like a BC wheel but with
more possibilities.

Old December 16th 08, 09:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

I haven't really done much BCing since I bought mine. I've been meaning
to, but I've been been enjoying pedalling my unicycles way too much.

--
CoreTechs

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti

)--21stOverall-RTL2008-O
)--18thCriterium-RTL2008-O
Old December 16th 08, 12:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

I'm wondering that if i get a BC someday. If i should add a brake to it,
so when i go downhill. It would be used as a slow downforce and so i
won't go tumbling down a hill.

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

*'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM)*
Old December 16th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnicycleJuggler

critter;1150505 wrote:
HOW 'bout a BC wheel that has staggered foot plates?
One foot in front of the axle and the other one behind.
Like goofy foot or regular stance.?
Like a skateboarder. It would make it easier to carve the bowls.

I think it would be possible to do this. You could infact do it with a
set of cranks and pedals attached to an axle. It wouldn't necessarily be
easy to do, but definitely possible. The one way I can think of doing it
is:

Get a 20mm bolt thru mtb hub:
[image:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/chris...nt%20disc.jpg]
http://tinyurl.com/6qpdl4

Then get a 20mm bmx crank axle such as:
[image:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/I...nal/17725.jpg]
http://tinyurl.com/5jwdyp

Which you could then add a pair of onza splined cranks to. These are
great because you can vary the size from 127mm - 165mm. This would allow
you to have the exact length cranks you prefer and to stagger your foot
position. (add which ever pedals you feel most comfortable with.):

[image: http://www.unicycle.uk.com/Images/Shop/Onzacranks.jpg]
http://tinyurl.com/7bmux

[image: http://www.unicycle.uk.com/Images/Sh...ltrailmix.jpg]
(pedals just for example)

This would make it -look- very much like a unicycle wheel but with a
moving axle.

It would look very much like this!:

[image:
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...cledwheel.jpg]
(thanks to Spencer for this image, although he doesn't know I've stolen
it)

The only problem with doing this is that your feet would be the same
height as the axle. I'm sure it would be possible to make an adapter to
allow you to lower the possition of the cranks/pedals.

--
UnicycleJuggler

'*Unicycle
Vids On
Vimeo*'
(http://www.vimeo.com/groups/uni)
Old December 16th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
critter

30199

It would be nice to have a seat to hang on to. And the gearing to pedal
forward. and a brake.

|Filename: Unicycledwheel.jpg |

Old December 16th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eddbmxdude

UnicycleJuggler;1150944 wrote:

The only problem with doing this is that your feet would be the same
height as the axle. I'm sure it would be possible to make an adapter to
allow you to lower the possition of the cranks/pedals.

Why not just rotate the cranks one or two splines round, your feet
would be ever so slightly closer together but they would also be below
the axle.

Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

"I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us
snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd." - Boogie

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Old December 16th 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnicycleJuggler

Eddbmxdude;1151047 wrote:
Why not just rotate the cranks one or two splines round, your feet would
be ever so slightly closer together but they would also be below the
axle.

Edd

I think you've cracked it Edd! It's such a simple thing, I just didn't
think about it like that cuz it's something that should never happen
under normal circumstances!

Anyone fancy giving it a go? You don't even need to have a 20mm bolt
thru hub, you could take any ordinary hub that has bearings with a large
diameter and replace them with a 20mm inner diameter (or a diameter that
fits an axle you have)

Old December 17th 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Biggestbtc

I have a BMX that I don't use(one of three) and I am interested in
making a BC wheel from it. Any ideas/advice/warnings?

(I have a feeling I will get some links thrown at me, but,
whatev)

--
Biggestbtc