Bearings madness

Old July 22nd 10, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
anern[_3_]

Default Bearings madness

Why is it the simplest bits that are always the most problematical. Doing my
XT hub on a touring bike with 1/4" balls. I've posted a very similar
question before but I'm still confused. Previously discussed grade and
hardness of balls, and I unserstand , but sellers don't give this
information. The weldite bearings are everywhere, I know the lithium grease
with them sucks, do the bearings also suck ? Anybody know their grade ? Any
experience with ceramics ? Are they cost effective given longer-jevity. I've
ordered these :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270610339225
Is what he says about the chrome true ?
What bearings are you using ?
I'm gonna use seriously purple grease, is this good ?
If balls are harder, does the metal that comes off them as they wear then
act as a grinding agent ? Would this apply to ceramics ?
I'm sure I've overcomplicated this. My brains exploding....
help,
Bruce.

Old July 22nd 10, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On 22 July, 12:20, "anern" wrote:
[...]

I've just answered this in urcm, see how long it takes to appear.
Don't hold your breath.
Old July 23rd 10, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

anern wrote:
Why is it the simplest bits that are always the most problematical.
Doing my XT hub on a touring bike with 1/4" balls.

That will be that stupidly thin saddle. Pack up riding the push bike & your
balls will return to normal.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

7-11 madness Ryan Cousineau Racing 2 July 7th 09 02:36 AM
BSO Madness Stephen Patterson UK 2 December 20th 06 02:09 AM
Bearing of auto bearings and hub bearings technical co autopartchina Unicycling 0 April 15th 06 08:17 AM
BC Wheel Madness!!! Catboy Unicycling 59 December 22nd 05 04:17 PM
Feh -- BB Madness. . . J'm Sm'th Mountain Biking 13 October 24th 04 05:18 AM