the election part 3

Old November 6th 04, 03:31 AM
loki

Default the election part 3

I was going to vent on both sides and tell everyone to get over it:

Kerry-ites: you lost. Deal with it. You can't blame Chad from Florida or
the EC being used instead of the popular vote.. Your guy lost. It's not the
end of the world. If you really believe Bush will be responsible for the
irreparable destruction all things dear and true blue American then you owe
it to yourself to stop wasting your time on a cycling ng and initiate armed
insurrection immediately. Otherwise volunteer, donate money, start the
battle for the midterms and 2008. But bitching about it here is rather
pointless.

Bush Boosters: Read up on the concept of grace in victory. You won. If you
really feel the need to rub people's noses in it. Just remember, Karma,
dude. What goes around comes around. No party wins all the time. Nor - I
hope you realize for the health of the polity - should it.

But having thought all that I came across a wonderful solution from Philly:

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/10094849.htm?1c

'O Canada, we plead to cede to thee

By HOWARD GENSLER

ADOPT US, O Canada!

As a blue-red split continues in the Divided States of America, we note
that every blue state is contiguous to Canada or to a another blue state
that is contiguous to Canada, except Hawaii - that's not contiguous to
anything but a lot of blue water that's contiguous to Canada.

Therefore, we've got an idea. How about a sort of second American
Revolution, Canada, in which you annex all the blue states, liberate us from
King George, and thus become the world's sole superpower.'

--
'I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend'
-rush

Old November 6th 04, 04:02 AM
the black rose

loki wrote:
Therefore, we've got an idea. How about a sort of second American
Revolution, Canada, in which you annex all the blue states, liberate us from
King George, and thus become the world's sole superpower.'

Three words: Freedom of Speech. Read up on Canada's recent
history with the concept.

My dad's a Canadian, and most of my living blood relatives
live there, but you couldn't pay me enough to live in Canada
now.

-km

--
Only cowards fight kids -- unidentified Moscow protester

proud to be owned by a yorkie
Old November 6th 04, 04:26 AM
di

"loki" wrote in message

Therefore, we've got an idea. How about a sort of second American

Revolution, Canada, in which you annex all the blue states, liberate us

from
King George, and thus become the world's sole superpower.'

as far as the rest of are concerned, you can have them, but don't expect to
become a superpower, they won't do anything to defend you,only want your
money.

Old November 6th 04, 05:06 AM
Todd Kuzma

In article ,
"loki" wrote:

I was going to vent on both sides and tell everyone to get over it:

Kerry-ites: you lost. Deal with it. You can't blame Chad from Florida or
the EC being used instead of the popular vote.. Your guy lost. It's not the
end of the world. If you really believe Bush will be responsible for the
irreparable destruction all things dear and true blue American then you owe
it to yourself to stop wasting your time on a cycling ng and initiate armed
insurrection immediately. Otherwise volunteer, donate money, start the
battle for the midterms and 2008. But bitching about it here is rather
pointless.

I'm not bitching. I'm trying out different campaign speeches. I'm
trying to be productive and work for the future. If that fails, screw
Canada, I'm going to Europe!

Todd Kuzma
Old November 6th 04, 07:27 PM
dgk

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 22:31:38 -0500, "loki"
wrote:

I was going to vent on both sides and tell everyone to get over it:

Kerry-ites: you lost. Deal with it. You can't blame Chad from Florida or
the EC being used instead of the popular vote.. Your guy lost. It's not the
end of the world. If you really believe Bush will be responsible for the
irreparable destruction all things dear and true blue American then you owe
it to yourself to stop wasting your time on a cycling ng and initiate armed
insurrection immediately. Otherwise volunteer, donate money, start the
battle for the midterms and 2008. But bitching about it here is rather
pointless.

One problem is that I don't really know if we lost fairly. We feared
for over a year that the opposition would rig the machines, which are
made by Republican leaders. Being a computer programmer, I know just
what they could have done. Hey, every 20th Kerry vote gets changed to
a Bush vote. Who would know?

How could anyone oppose a receipt, a paper trail, that can be observed
by the voter? The only reason for opposing such a system would be so
that cheating is impossible to detect. The opposition to such a system
makes me very suspicious.

I, and many other folks, stated before the election that the only way
to know if the machines were cheating was to see if the vote count
differs from the exit polling. It did. The exit polling looked very
good for Kerry, and the voting went the other way.

It's possible that folks were embarrased to admit that they voted for
Bush, I sure would have been. It's possible that the exit polling
methodology was wrong. It's possible that they vote was tampered with.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, in a democracy is more important than
making sure that votes are counted honestly. We have no system in
place to make sure that that happens here.
Old November 6th 04, 07:52 PM
Pete

"dgk" wrote

One problem is that I don't really know if we lost fairly. We feared
for over a year that the opposition would rig the machines, which are
made by Republican leaders. Being a computer programmer, I know just
what they could have done. Hey, every 20th Kerry vote gets changed to
a Bush vote. Who would know?

How could anyone oppose a receipt, a paper trail, that can be observed
by the voter? The only reason for opposing such a system would be so
that cheating is impossible to detect. The opposition to such a system
makes me very suspicious.

Only if it is a receipt that the voter looks at, and then goes into a locked
box, to be used in the event of a later recount.
*Not* a receipt ("I voted for X") that the voter takes home.

Pete

Old November 6th 04, 08:49 PM
B i l l S o r n s o n

dgk wrote:
I, and many other folks, stated before the election that the only way
to know if the machines were cheating was to see if the vote count
differs from the exit polling. It did. The exit polling looked very
good for Kerry, and the voting went the other way.

It's possible that folks were embarrased to admit that they voted for
Bush, I sure would have been. It's possible that the exit polling
methodology was wrong. It's possible that they vote was tampered with.

Or it's possible (and now verified) that Kerry operatives "leaked" the "good
news" to those all-too-anxious to hear it. Yet another dirty trick to try
to discourage swing-state Bush supporters from voting.

Not to mention, of course, machines with votes on 'em before the polls even
opened.

Bill "Bush was behind at 6:59 AM in Philly" S.

Old November 6th 04, 08:50 PM
B i l l S o r n s o n

Pete wrote:
Only if it is a receipt that the voter looks at, and then goes into a
locked box, to be used in the event of a later recount.

Lock box? Recount?? Aaarrgggghhhhh!!!

Bill "2000 flashback" S.

Old November 6th 04, 09:25 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 20:49:32 GMT, "B i l l S o r n s o n"
wrote in message
:

Or it's possible (and now verified) that Kerry operatives "leaked" the "good
news" to those all-too-anxious to hear it. Yet another dirty trick to try
to discourage swing-state Bush supporters from voting.

Surely that would be more calculated to stop Kerry voters, and the
Bushies would be out in droves to try to undo the damage?

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old November 7th 04, 12:03 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

wrote in message
:

Or it's possible (and now verified) that Kerry operatives "leaked"
the "good news" to those all-too-anxious to hear it. Yet another
dirty trick to try to discourage swing-state Bush supporters from
voting.

Surely that would be more calculated to stop Kerry voters, and the
Bushies would be out in droves to try to undo the damage?\

Nope, doesn't work that way. (Look at West FL '00 when Gore was projected
winner before polls closed.)

Bill "people love (and will back) a winner" S.