Best helmet for visibility? (color on underside of rear)

Old November 6th 04, 06:24 PM
Jeff Potter

Default Best helmet for visibility? (color on underside of rear)

Anyone know of a good helmet at a good price for visibility safety?

I'm thinking that an optimally visible helmet would be a bright color
with the coloring extended under the rear 'tail' of the helmet so that
drivers can still easily see it from the rear when a rider is going
hard with their head tipped down a bit.

Any brand/model ideas? Links?

--JP
Old November 6th 04, 07:21 PM
Matt O'Toole

Jeff Potter wrote:

Anyone know of a good helmet at a good price for visibility safety?

I'm thinking that an optimally visible helmet would be a bright color
with the coloring extended under the rear 'tail' of the helmet so that
drivers can still easily see it from the rear when a rider is going
hard with their head tipped down a bit.

Your head probably isn't tipped down as much as you think, unless you stare at
your feet while you ride. Put a strip of good, 3M reflective tape around your
helmet, and a few pieces here and there on your bike and clothing.

Matt O.

Old November 7th 04, 03:46 AM
Pat

: I've had no problems applying adhesive-backed reflective tape to the
: styrofoam sections of helmets, including the bottom back section. In
: ten years and three helmets, I've seen no signs of the adhesive
: attacking the foam.

I haven't had any problems applying it, either. It's getting it to stay in
place that has been the problem for me. Maybe it's the Texas summertime
heat, but the reflective tape just curls up...

Pat in TX

Old November 7th 04, 07:30 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 21:46:30 -0600, "Pat" wrote in
message :

I haven't had any problems applying it, either. It's getting it to stay in
place that has been the problem for me.

The solution is to buy non-adhesive reflective and glue it on with
cyanoacrylate.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old November 7th 04, 08:44 PM
Dan Daniel

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:30:19 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 21:46:30 -0600, "Pat" wrote in
message :

I haven't had any problems applying it, either. It's getting it to stay in
place that has been the problem for me.

The solution is to buy non-adhesive reflective and glue it on with
cyanoacrylate.

Guy

Have you done this? Cyanoacrylates/ super glue will eat many foams.