Thinking about buying 36"uni

Old February 14th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
spokes

Default Thinking about buying 36"uni

I'm 5-6" and have 29" inseam would I be able to ride one safely. If not
I would have
settle for a 29"

--
spokes
spokes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14360

Old February 14th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

I'm 4' 10" and can ride a coker with 110mm cranks.

you'll fit.

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

maxcarriere wrote:
nah, he just wants to buy the cranks to look at them and rub them on his
body..

muniaddict wrote:
does he have me confused with somebody who's actually good?

Julian wrote:
that guys good at not doing stuff.

Brian MacKenzie wrote:
you're gonna need a flux capacitor and a shot of plutonium

Old February 14th 07, 04:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

mornish wrote:
I'm 4' 10" and can ride a coker with 110mm cranks.

you'll fit.

Well i'm 5' something and my pedals are magnesium on my coker. So you
can imagine the speed i'm getting. Also i have 110s, 125s, and 170s.
But they're mostly used on my giraffe and Torkers.

--
Hazmat

If you fail at unicycling or unicycle tricks, try again, when you try
again. You will never fail.
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

Old February 14th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unitik908

spokes wrote:
I'm 5-6" and have 29" inseam would I be able to ride one safely. If not
I would have
settle for a 29"

You could definately ride it safely, and without much of a problem I
believe.
Depending on where you are, uni.com in the UK has a short persons coker
frame

http://tinyurl.com/ruzd.

Although I don't even really think it would be necessary.
Hope this was helpful.

Chase

--
Unitik908

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P James Doohan
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Peter Jennings
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
YAMS

-last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -

Old February 14th 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munidobs

Hazmat wrote:
Well i'm 5' something and my pedals are magnesium on my coker. So you
can imagine the speed i'm getting. Also i have 110s, 125s, and 170s.
But they're mostly used on my giraffe and Torkers.

So that is where I am going wrong - I need magnesium pedals to go
fast.

spokes wrote:
I'm 5-6" and have 29" inseam would I be able to ride one safely. If not
I would have
settle for a 29"

My 12 yr old daughter has just started riding a Coker with 125s and she
is just about 5'. Don't just think about it, do it - you won't regret
it.

Chris

--
munidobs
munidobs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8790

Old February 14th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

munidobs wrote:
So that is where I am going wrong - I need magnesium pedals to go fast.

No, the magnesiums are lighter then the others, lighter means faster.

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

Old February 14th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munidobs

Hazmat wrote:
No, the magnesiums are lighter then the others, lighter means faster.

So, ditch the pedals altoghther to save a few more grammes and gain
another 0.0n of a km/h

Old February 14th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

or get some plastic ones... even lighter :P

--
brendan
brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680

Old February 14th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mrwhitechristmas

This thread reminds me of the body part of a guy I saw in this movie on
the internet once.

--
mrwhitechristmas

nolocbauq
mrwhitechristmas's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14336

Old February 14th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

I am 5'7" and have ridden many miles on and off road on a Coker.

--
Mikefule