Boy, 6, fighting 'life threatening' injuries after being hit by car

Old July 17th 20, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Boy, 6, fighting 'life threatening' injuries after being hit by car

QUOTE:
A young boy has suffered "life threatening" injuries after being hit by a car while cycling through Willerby.

The six-year-old was riding along Kingston Road when his bike collided with a car at just after 6pm on Thursday.

The road was cordoned off for some time with reports of a number of police at the scene.

Humberside Police are leading on the investigation into what happened after the boy was rushed to Hull Royal Infirmary for treatment.

The force say they are eager for anyone with dashcam or CCTV footage from the area to reach out to them to help with their investigation.

Launching their appeal, a spokeswoman for the police said: "We are appealing for witnesses after a car collided with a child riding a bike on Kingston Road, Willerby at around 6.10pm yesterday evening, Thursday, July 16.

"The 6-year-old boy who was riding the bike at the time of the collision is being treated for what are thought to be life threatening injuries.

"If you witnessed the collision or have CCTV or Dashcam footage from the area at this time, please call us on our non-emergency number 101 quoting log 454 of July 16."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...h-bike-4336198
Old July 18th 20, 01:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 17/07/2020 13:58, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

A 6-yr-old allowed out on the highways on a bicycle?

Really?

What could possibly go wrong?
Old July 18th 20, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 00:35:31 GMT, JNugent
wrote:

On 17/07/2020 13:58, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A young boy has suffered "life threatening" injuries after being hit
by a car while cycling through Willerby.

[]
"If you witnessed the collision or have CCTV or Dashcam footage from
the area at this time, please call us on our non-emergency number 101
quoting log 454 of July 16."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...-news/life-thr
eatening-injuries-crash-bike-4336198

A 6-yr-old allowed out on the highways on a bicycle?

Really?

What could possibly go wrong?

Are you condoning the car-drivers actions? Incredible. It's good that
you've stuck around to get advice on your condition.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old July 18th 20, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, July 17, 2020 at 1:58:42 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A young boy has suffered "life threatening" injuries after being hit by a car while cycling through Willerby.

The six-year-old was riding along Kingston Road when his bike collided with a car at just after 6pm on Thursday.

I know this road well and schoolchildren ride their bikes to class along it most days without problems. There were a few hateful comments at the bottom of that article yesterday along the lines of him being too young to be allowed on the road, but they have since been removed.
Old July 18th 20, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 18/07/2020 09:55, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:

JNugent wrote:
On 17/07/2020 13:58, Simon Mason wrote:

QUOTE:
A young boy has suffered "life threatening" injuries after being hit
by a car while cycling through Willerby.

[]
"If you witnessed the collision or have CCTV or Dashcam footage from
the area at this time, please call us on our non-emergency number 101
quoting log 454 of July 16."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...-news/life-thr
eatening-injuries-crash-bike-4336198

A 6-yr-old allowed out on the highways on a bicycle?

Really?

What could possibly go wrong?

Are you condoning the car-drivers actions?

No.

But that's partly - in fact, mainly - because I don't know what those
"actions" were so cannot judge them.

Do you know what they were (there's nothing about it in that "report")?

Of course you don't, but that won't stop you from doing whatever the
opposite of "condoning" is, will it?

Incredible. It's good that
you've stuck around to get advice on your condition.

You're not right in the head, lad.

Would *I* (poor would I have) ever let my six-year child out to ride a
bike on the highway?

I most certainly would not.
Old July 18th 20, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 18/07/2020 10:38, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, July 17, 2020 at 1:58:42 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A young boy has suffered "life threatening" injuries after being hit by a car while cycling through Willerby.

The six-year-old was riding along Kingston Road when his bike collided with a car at just after 6pm on Thursday.

I know this road well and schoolchildren ride their bikes to class along it most days without problems. There were a few hateful comments at the bottom of that article yesterday along the lines of him being too young to be allowed on the road, but they have since been removed.

What on Earth is "hateful" about pointing out that very young children
are at more risk on the highway than adults or older children and that
the commentator(s) would not allow a six-year-old of theirs to ride a
bike in similar circumstances?

Old July 18th 20, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 18/07/2020 11:29, Mike Collins wrote:
On Saturday, 18 July 2020 01:34:33 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Blame the victim.

Tell me more about how the collision occurred and whose fault it was.

Would you send a 6-yr-old out onto the highway on a bicycle?

Old July 18th 20, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 10:38:50 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, July 17, 2020 at 1:58:42 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A young boy has suffered "life threatening" injuries after being hit by a car while cycling through Willerby.

The six-year-old was riding along Kingston Road when his bike collided with a car at just after 6pm on Thursday.

I know this road well and schoolchildren ride their bikes to class along it most days without problems. There were a few hateful comments at the bottom of that article yesterday along the lines of him being too young to be allowed on the road, but they have since been removed.

Probably a left hooker as there is an on road cycle lane along its whole length.

https://goo.gl/maps/7ZmvQaQR716i3FQK6