A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Susannah Constantine claims she 'f****** HATES' cyclists and wouldrun over her own husband if she saw him out on his bike

Old July 17th 20, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster

Default Susannah Constantine claims she 'f****** HATES' cyclists and wouldrun over her own husband if she saw him out on his bike

Who?
QUOTE:
Susannah Constantine has revealed she detests cyclists and would run over her own husband if she saw him out on his bike.

The London-born presenter, 58, who lives in West Sussex, launched into a passionate rant about riders during an episode of her My Wardrobe Malfunction podcast.

Speaking to actress Sarah Parish, who was trying to coax her into taking part in a charity bike ride in 2022, she exclaimed: 'I f****** hate cyclists.

'My husband is a cyclist and if I see him on the road on his bicycle, I'm gonna run him over!

'And the day when I know I'm about to die, I'm going to get in my car aged 90 and I'm going to drive into cyclists wearing lycra, kill the lot of them and go and die in jail. I'm not cycling, ever!'

Susannah added that she was once due to go on a cycle around where she lives in Sussex but point blank refused to wear lycra.

'I said, "I will come, but I will not wear lycra, and if I'm seen by anybody, I'm gonna cycle behind a bush and hide",' she recalled.

'I don't know what it is I just find them so irritating.'

Speaking to actress Sarah Parish, who was trying to coax her into taking part in a charity bike ride in 2022, Susannah exclaimed: 'I f****** hate cyclists'

Bancroft star Sarah suggested: 'I think it's because they're quite arrogant aren't they? And you're driving behind them for ages and they won't go single file.

'It's just like, "Please don't. Just go in single file. What are you doing?"'

The charity cycle Sarah was referring to is a 'Pig to Pig' cycle to raise money for her and husband James Murray's organisation The Murray Parish Trust, which is dedicated to advancing paediatric emergency medicine in the south of England.

The couple set it up in 2014 after losing their first daughter Ella-Jayne in January 2009 after she was born with a congenital heart defect.
Sarah and her husband James Murray set up their charity in 2014 after losing their first daughter Ella-Jayne in January 2009 after she was born with a congenital heart defect. Pictured with their daughter Nell

Sarah and her husband James Murray set up their charity in 2014 after losing their first daughter Ella-Jayne in January 2009 after she was born with a congenital heart defect. Pictured with their daughter Nell

They are currently raising money for an iMRI suite within operating theatres to reduce the need for children to be scanned and operated on at different ends of the hospital.

During their conversation Sarah claimed she feels the acting roles she gets offered have become 'more evil' since she's got 'older and more gaunt'.

When Susannah pointed out that she's often cast as an 'ice queen', and asked if it was to do with her 'cheekbones', Sarah replied: 'It's definitely about cheekbones.

'As I've got older and more gaunt, I've got more evil, the parts have become more evil which is, which I really it's typical isn't it?

'And I've never been a sort of a sweet little, you know, wallflower kind of person really. So I went from playing very sort of strong, but nice people to just out and out bitches.'

She added that she'd love to do more comedy, admitting W1A 'was probably one of my favourite jobs ever'.

To watch the podcast in full, visit https://mywardmal.com/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-saw-bike.html
Ads