A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Cyclist uses his fist and bike to damage taxi during heated road rageincident in Dorset

Old July 21st 20, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster

Default Cyclist uses his fist and bike to damage taxi during heated road rageincident in Dorset

QUOTE:
Officers investigating an incident in Poole where damage was caused to a taxi are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.

At around midday on Thursday 9 July, the victim was driving his silver Mercedes taxi along Ashley Road when he noticed an elderly man on a bike on the other side of the road who appeared to be purposefully inconveniencing other road users.

It is reported that the elderly man got into an argument with a member of the public and the taxi driver shouted out of his window and told them not to become involved in the incident.

The cyclist approached the victim and began to strike the windows and doors of their vehicle with his fists and feet. He also used the handle bars of his bicycle to scratch the passenger side of the car.

Police Community Support Investigator James Somerville, of Poole police, said: “I have been carrying out a number of enquiries into this incident so far, including CCTV trawls of the area.

“While I appreciate this incident took place a while ago, I am appealing to any motorists who may have captured any relevant dashcam footage to please get in touch.

“I also understand that a number of other people spoke to the man on the bicycle and I would urge them to come forward as they may have information to assist my investigation.”

https://www.taxi-point.co.uk/post/ag...dent-in-dorset
Ads
Old July 21st 20, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]
external usenet poster

Default Cyclist uses his fist and bike to damage taxi during heated roadrage incident in Dorset

On 21/07/2020 17:24, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
Officers investigating an incident in Poole where damage was caused to a taxi are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.

At around midday on Thursday 9 July, the victim was driving his silver Mercedes taxi along Ashley Road when he noticed an elderly man on a bike on the other side of the road who appeared to be purposefully inconveniencing other road users.

It is reported that the elderly man got into an argument with a member of the public and the taxi driver shouted out of his window and told them not to become involved in the incident.

The cyclist approached the victim and began to strike the windows and doors of their vehicle with his fists and feet. He also used the handle bars of his bicycle to scratch the passenger side of the car.

Police Community Support Investigator James Somerville, of Poole police, said: “I have been carrying out a number of enquiries into this incident so far, including CCTV trawls of the area.

“While I appreciate this incident took place a while ago, I am appealing to any motorists who may have captured any relevant dashcam footage to please get in touch.

“I also understand that a number of other people spoke to the man on the bicycle and I would urge them to come forward as they may have information to assist my investigation.”

https://www.taxi-point.co.uk/post/ag...dent-in-dorset

The man on the bicycle probably doesn't know it's wrong to damage the
property of others and has no idea that the police want him to come forward.

No scarpering cyclist fleeing the scene of a crime he has committed
*ever* "knows" that.

Or so we're told here.
Old July 21st 20, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster

Default Cyclist uses his fist and bike to damage taxi during heated roadrage incident in Dorset

On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 5:24:54 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:

Thus becoming "involved in the incident" himself! :-)

Old July 21st 20, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]
external usenet poster

On 21/07/2020 21:43, Simon Mason wrote:

On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 5:24:54 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:

Thus becoming "involved in the incident" himself! :-)

It is entirely predictable that the only factor which determines Mason's
attitude to a crime is the mode of transport.

If the criminal is a cyclist, it can't be his fault and the victim,
reportedly trying to calm a situation, must be to blame.