Offshore Drilling

Old September 24th 08, 05:25 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Offshore Drilling

Children are alleged not to be able to think ahead, but adults don't
have that excuse. Isn't it obvious that after we exhaust our oil
supply, we will be at the mercy of countries like Russia, Iran, and
Iraq, that still have plenty of oil? Why do you think we have a
"Strategic Oil Reserve"? We need to stop using oil!

Also obvious is the fact that the more oil we burn, the worse the
climate will get, leading to more hurricanes, sea level rise, loss of
food supplies (all of our foods are adapted to today's climate), and
loss of wildlife (upon which everything we need depends).

Offshore drilling threatens our food supply, won't lower gas prices,
and will (as we quickly exhaust our supply) in the long run make us
MORE dependent on foreign oil!

Michael J. Vandeman, Ph.D.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old September 25th 08, 04:09 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

"Strategic Oil Reserve"? We need to stop using oil!

Also obvious is the fact that the more oil we burn, the worse the
climate will get, leading to more hurricanes, sea level rise, loss of
food supplies (all of our foods are adapted to today's climate), and
loss of wildlife (upon which everything we need depends).

Fascinating if not redundant editorial...I found this interesting
article about "CLIMATE" changes as you indicate above...seems airline
emissions have a tremendous impact. I am glad I don't fly....like some
armchair computer environmentalists.

http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Climate_C...air_travel.asp
Old September 25th 08, 05:44 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]

On Sep 25, 12:02*pm, John Mayson wrote:
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, wrote:
Fascinating if not redundant editorial...I found this interesting
article about "CLIMATE" changes as you indicate above...seems airline
emissions have a tremendous impact. I am glad I don't fly....like some
armchair computer environmentalists.

Do you expect them to DRIVE to Scandinavia to pick up their Nobel Prizes?
Geesh!

A true environmentalist would take a sailboat, or, at the very least,
his wife's sailboat.
Old September 25th 08, 05:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bruce Jensen

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, wrote:
Fascinating if not redundant editorial...I found this interesting
article about "CLIMATE" changes as you indicate above...seems airline
emissions have a tremendous impact. I am glad I don't fly....like some
armchair computer environmentalists.

Do you expect them to DRIVE to Scandinavia to pick up their Nobel Prizes?
Geesh!

A true environmentalist would take a sailboat, or, at the very least,
his wife's sailboat.

A TRUE environmentalist would get the certificate e-mailed and the
monetary reward wired. Or swim.

Bruce
Old September 25th 08, 08:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Lloyd

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, wrote:
Fascinating if not redundant editorial...I found this interesting
article about "CLIMATE" changes as you indicate above...seems airline
emissions have a tremendous impact. I am glad I don't fly....like some
armchair computer environmentalists.

Do you expect them to DRIVE to Scandinavia to pick up their Nobel Prizes?
Geesh!

A true environmentalist would take a sailboat, or, at the very least,
his wife's sailboat.

A TRUE environmentalist would get the certificate e-mailed

It takes energy to push all those electrons around!

Old September 25th 08, 09:34 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

--
John Mayson
Austin, Texas, USA

I just don't expect them to be a hypocrite like Mike Vandeman. I like
straight talkers with no riddles...mike sorta reminds me of the vegan
who binges on McBurgers at night...
Old September 25th 08, 11:23 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

For a man with a Doctorate in Psychology, you need a shrink in the worst
way.

Your post is 1.) a load of ****, and 2.) a non-sequitur. Ask your shrink.

Old September 26th 08, 01:50 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Dan

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, wrote:
Fascinating if not redundant editorial...I found this interesting
article about "CLIMATE" changes as you indicate above...seems airline
emissions have a tremendous impact. I am glad I don't fly....like some
armchair computer environmentalists.
Do you expect them to DRIVE to Scandinavia to pick up their Nobel Prizes?
Geesh!

A true environmentalist would take a sailboat, or, at the very least,
his wife's sailboat.

A TRUE environmentalist would get the certificate e-mailed and the
monetary reward wired. Or swim.

Bruce

A true environmentalist is merely a human. Expecting more of him is
just plain silly.

Dan

Drilling your rim ivan Unicycling 21 June 17th 07 07:18 PM
More CF Drilling Questions. trials_uni Unicycling 6 July 21st 06 08:55 AM
CF Base Drilling? koebwil Unicycling 12 April 14th 06 05:11 AM
Drilling a stem? Antti Salonen Techniques 17 November 22nd 05 04:13 AM
Drilling rims T_Blood Mountain Biking 4 September 2nd 03 08:22 PM