How good are you at freestyle?

Old January 18th 04, 07:01 AM
pete66

Default How good are you at freestyle?

Here's your chance to find out if you're as good as most of the other
people on RSU.

We'll make it a bit unofficial so if you think you're really close
enough to a certain leve, just say that you're there. Does anyone else
find that the skills are quite disproportionate to a normal learning
curve? For example, I haven't done "Ride with the seat out in back for
10 m" which is required for level 4. Yet, I HAVE done plenty of
"Hop-twist 180 degrees to the left" which are a Level 7 skill.

If you don't know what I'm talking about with levels, go to
http://tinyurl.com/f9a

Pete

--
pete66 - Level 3 Unicyclist
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

Old January 18th 04, 07:23 AM
Rayden

I was just thinking about starting this thread. All the videos I've seen
are of very good people. They probably aren't a good representation of
most of the people on here. You beat me to creating this thread.

--
Rayden
Rayden's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/264

Old January 18th 04, 07:32 AM
duaner

Keep in mind, that to pass a skill level, you are allowed a _maximum_ of
3 misses total; and anything you miss once, you MUST get the 2nd try.
For example, I can do 8 different mounts, but my chances of doing 8
mounts (as the first thing on the list) for skill level 8 is very low
because the reliability of 4 of those 8 mounts is below 50%. (Example
is illustration purposes - I have yet to even try any of the other level
8 skills)

I think it's normal for one to be better at some stuff than other
stuff.
In my case...

I could pass level 3.

I can consistently do about half of level 4.
I can hardly do any of the other half of level 4.

I can fairly consistenly do about 3 of the level 5s (the hop-twist 90s,
and idle 1ft rite)
- but have never even tried most of the rest.

--
duaner - -

duaner.
duaner's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4297

Old January 18th 04, 07:37 AM
pete66

OK, put it this way... What level are you at if you have an hour to
yourself to pass each requirement, u can retry as many times as you
like... consistency conshmincincy

Old January 18th 04, 07:51 AM
duaner

duaner wrote:
*Keep in mind, that to pass a skill level, you are allowed a _maximum_
of 3 misses total; and anything you miss once, you MUST get the 2nd
try.*

This is worded in the posted link as, "In order to pass an exam a rider
must perform all skills in the level at the first attempt except for 3
skills maximum which must be performed at the second attempt."

I am curious, would "someone in the know" please clarify this for me:
- For purposes of the 3 misses, do the mounts count as one skill? or as
separate skills?

For example, while testing for level 4, say I aced everything first try
except for 2 mounts, but I got both of the mounts on the 2nd try.
- Would I have failed the test because I took three "attempts" to pass
the one skill "Demonstrate 4 types of mounts"?
- Or, would I have passed the test because each mount is a separate
"skill"?

Old January 18th 04, 10:46 AM
thinuniking

I am only about level 2 but i can do tricks from much higher levels. I
just have never bothered to do stuff like idle 25 times on the left leg
or ride seat out back for 10m's.I used to be able to do a few mounts,
but I have stoped progressing on them as I only use the standard mount
now.When I started I did stuff like that and now I am very good at 1 ft
riding with my right foot i can do figure of 8's ect but i never really
had any where to get tested. I might start learning the skills to get to
level 5 or something as a uni meet is my way soon so i am gona get test
there.

--
thinuniking - mad as a clown

Clown is such a dirty word.
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

Old January 18th 04, 12:01 PM
unicycleboy

Im bout level 9 now

Trev

--
unicycleboy - Freestyle Expert

[image: C:\Documents and Settings\Trev\My Documents\My
Pictures\NewSig2.jpg]

unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

Old January 18th 04, 12:25 PM
U-Turn

*

[...]

You would pass because the mounts are separate skills, not one block
skill with 4 aspects.

--
U-Turn - There has got to be a better way...

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

'Unatics Website' (http://www.newyorkunicycle.com)

-- Dave Stockton

Old January 18th 04, 04:12 PM
Rayden

unicycleboy wrote:
*Im bout level 9 now

Trev *

If you are serious, wow. I would like to see a video of you doing each
requirement for level 9. In order, with text saying what each trick is.

Old January 18th 04, 04:15 PM
commandoH

me too

--