Compatable? leapord 3.0 tire/ dx 24in

Old November 10th 05, 10:38 PM
caw89

Default Compatable? leapord 3.0 tire/ dx 24in

Hope the tittle was clear enough.....Well my question is this...Can you
put the wildlife leapord
tire(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=561) on the Dx
24in (05 model), I dont really care about the fram fitting, I can just
get another one that fits..but Will it fit the rim? Any help
appreciated!

--
caw89

'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

AIM: unicaw89

-last edited by god on 3000-01-01 at 12:00 am-
caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

Old November 10th 05, 10:56 PM
kington99

Measure the width of your rim, if it's more than 25mm then probably yes.
I believev 25mm is stated as the minimum rim width on the sidewall of
that tyre. Don't think you're going to be in luck with the frame
though.

--
kington99

Dave

Old November 10th 05, 10:59 PM
Skippii

I've heard that that tire will fit on the 06s, but NOT on the 05s.

--
Skippii

One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

Old November 10th 05, 11:00 PM
caw89

So no on it fitting eh...dang... was hopping I owuldnt have to buy a
bunch of stuff for it...well thanks guys...

Old November 10th 05, 11:02 PM
Skippii

Well, that's just hearsay.

Old November 10th 05, 11:40 PM
forrestunifreak

Whoa whoa whoa.

It will fit the frame, but the rim will be so narrow that you'll only
be able to have it at high pressure. And it will fold over a lot.

The 06's have an Alex DX 32 rim, so it will fit those though.

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pshycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)-Newly updated

Old November 11th 05, 03:01 AM
vivalargo

Hi Cody--

Way better to just spend another 30 bucks and buy a KH 24 rim, the new
wide one that comes with the 05 KH Freeride Munis.

Gonna use that for Muniing, or what?

JL

--
vivalargo
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

Old November 11th 05, 07:40 AM
caw89

Ya, if you remember at CMW I did that 8 mi on my trials, and the first
ride that i took on my 24 before I broke it the tire was so narrow
rolling over stuff wasnt the easiest...I was hoping I could just put a
bigger tire on there, but seeing that I have to but the rim too il have
to get it relaced, so I think now would be a good time to replace that
hub thats broken too...Either that or but a whole new uni...and im a
lil cheap for that ....Well thanks a lot for the help guys!! I mean
that THANKS!

Old November 11th 05, 04:58 PM
vivalargo

Hey, Cody--

I think if you snoop around you can probably find a used Muni for a
real nice price. It ends up being cheaper than trying to toss together
something from scraps and mismatched parts. Older (pre 05) KH 24s are
out there, and they work great. Remember Eyal rides one, and he gets
down everything. I had one I could have sold you for a song but I gave
it to Morgan (remember her at Cal. Muni Weekend), Josh's girlfriend.

JL

Old November 12th 05, 06:59 AM
caw89

Ya, she was the one that rode the standard Dx 20in down the trail
right...Me and her were hte onley ones to take 20 inchers down the last
ride...Il see what I can find...Il either get a new rim and hub, or try
to find a cheap muni...Thans again for the help...Hmm christmas is
comming up....Giraffe, or muni....MUNI!!