Will a 2.1 inch tube last in a duro tire?

Old October 7th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Monocyclist

Default Will a 2.1 inch tube last in a duro tire?

The other day I got a pinch flat, and the only replacement tube I had
was a 24x 2.1 tube, and my tire is a duro 24.3 inch tire. The new tube
is significantly smaller than my old, and I'm afraid it's going to pop
during a drop or something, having to stretch so much in that fat tire.
Will this tube last very long?

--
Monocyclist
Monocyclist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13114

Old October 7th 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

Try it and see.

Or put some padding between the tyre and the tube, I don't know.

--
ivan

Ducttape wrote:
I think something got flipped because that was just one post and his
post that I am quoting isn't a sad face....... it's weird.....

ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759

Old October 7th 06, 10:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

The 2.1 may well be made of thinner rubber than the thicker rubber used
for 24x3" downhill tubes, leaving it more prone to puncture and pinch
flat. I wouldn't go on any big rides with it where a puncture would be
very inconvenient, having said that it may last for a long time, but
you never know.

--
kington99

Dave

Old October 7th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

I buy the puncture resistant tubes from Canadian Tire...

You can run them nice and soft... and pinch the hell out of them and it
won't pop.

The only reasonable way they pop is if you don't make sure the tube
isn't sliding in the tire... I have had a valve stem shear right off of
the tube before.

--
Borgschulze

Spare some change for a new unicycle?