Duro Wildlife Leopard air pressure?

Old January 8th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
chrome

Default Duro Wildlife Leopard air pressure?

I was wondering what the p.s.i. rating for this tire is, and what
pressure do you prefer to ride on, for a 26"x3" MUni tire. I don't have
it yet, thought I'd ask. Also is anyone use tube sealants like Slime? I
used to get a lot of flats the Slime is doing the trick...

--
chrome
chrome's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12885

Old January 8th 07, 06:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Monocyclist

I think it's 30-50 psi.
play with different pressures and find your own preference.

if you're doing a lot of hopping you'll want a pressure that's just
enough so it won't bottom out but also bouncy.

--
Monocyclist
Monocyclist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13114

Old January 8th 07, 06:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Monocyclist wrote:
I think it's 30-50 psi.
play with different pressures and find your own preference.

if you're doing a lot of hopping you'll want a pressure that's just
enough so it won't bottom out but also bouncy.

Yeah I agree with Monocyclist about the 30-50psi. I do that to my
unicycle. I guess it also depends on what you'll be using your unicycle
for. Will it be used for Street, MUni, Freestyle, etc

--
Hazmat

If you fail at unicycling or unicycle tricks, try again, when you try
again. You will never fail.
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

Old January 8th 07, 07:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

Hazmat wrote:
Will it be used for Street, MUni, Freestyle, etc

I can't imagine a duro wildlife 3" being used for much other than
muni...and I run my 24x3" at about 20psi.

--
onelesscar

"It's f*$%^*g raining!"
"Well, is it f*$%^*g or is it raining?"

"That car was -melting-????"
onelesscar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11127

Old January 8th 07, 07:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dan de man

i use my wildlife for trials and street and muni

i keep mine at 25-30 psi

--
dan de man

spazdude222 wrote:
Grab your dick and double click!

iridemymuni wrote:
lel

'CLICK HERE FOR FUNNY ' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V-4at79uKw)
monkeyman wrote:
Typing like that makes anyone look uneducated.

Unicaw89 wrote:
Koxx rapes Torker hard!

(\_/)
O o
()This is bunny. Copy bunny on to your signature to help him on his
way to world domination.
STEPHEN HAWKING'S PRO WHEELCHAIR 2!
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

Old January 8th 07, 08:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Racenut

Tire pressure is also very dependent on weight. Just experiment till
you find what works for you. It's just air, it's free

--
Racenut

*Unicycling is easier than falling off a log. So long as falling off is
the goal.*
Racenut's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11339

Old January 8th 07, 08:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Klaas Bil

chrome wrote:
I was wondering what the p.s.i. rating for this tire is, and what
pressure do you prefer to ride on, for a 26"x3" MUni tire. I don't have
it yet, thought I'd ask. Also is anyone use tube sealants like Slime? I
used to get a lot of flats the Slime is doing the trick...

My 24 x 3 Leopard Wildlife is rated at 1 - 2.5 bar (15 - 35 psi), I
don't see why that should be different for the 26 x 3. I pump mine to
about 22 psi when I think it is too soft, and then leave it alone for
at least a month, during which time it deflates some. In the end it
boils down to personal preference, also on how high you drop etc. A
good starting point is 1 psi per 10 lbs of rider weight.

Slime... I never had a flat on any unicycle, and I've been riding for
six years. Regardless of whether it would help prevent flats, it would
be a bad thing if it adds significant weight. The best place to save
weight (if at all possible) is in the wheel, and the more to the
outside, the more important. Rim is more important than spokes, tyre is
more important than anything else.

Klaas Bil

--
Klaas Bil
Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442

Old January 8th 07, 09:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

I way about 155 pounds (ahem!) and ride mine at about 20 PSI. That's
too firm for much bouncing, but gives a good combination of control and
absorbing bumps.

--
Mikefule

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that most people don't.

Old January 8th 07, 12:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wobbling bear

Klaas Bil wrote:

. I never had a flat on any unicycle,

I have had 4 consecutives flats on my Leopard! and always for the same
reason: I tend to ride with "soft" pressure and the rim did cut the
valve out of the tube!
I ended up protecting the valve with a combination of metal ring and
chewing-gum!

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716

Old January 8th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CKCrowe

well my Dx tire said 50, so is around 45 right now, it tht too much?

How much of a difference will it make, (weight ect?)?

--
CKCrowe
CKCrowe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13945