Vote for Cadel

Old November 20th 07, 11:32 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave Hughes

Default Vote for Cadel

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:39:44 -0800, lemmiwinks.au wrote:

I think if you have mudguards (particularly full length) and a rack on
your bike, you're not a cyclist either.+

What if it's a singlespeed?

And which of my bikes should I not have both on?

--
Dave Hughes -

Old November 20th 07, 11:35 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
Tomasso wrote:

MTB pedals and shoes (SPD) on a road bike (with carbon, Ultegra and
Zipp wheels).

Must be worth something.

actual clipless don't get you anything, MTB on a road bike might be
half a point but the Zipp wheels are easy minus 3.

How many points do I get for stainless steel mesh reinforced toe-straps?
With pull-tags.

Theo

Old November 20th 07, 11:37 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc[_3_]

Dave Hughes wrote:
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:39:44 -0800, lemmiwinks.au wrote:

I think if you have mudguards (particularly full length) and a rack on
your bike, you're not a cyclist either.+

What if it's a singlespeed?

you get points if it is more then 30 years old.
double points if you ride in a boiler suit,
triple poins if boiler suit and real leather safety boots.

Anything less that 5 years old is definitely trendy
Old November 20th 07, 11:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
PeteSig[_2_]

"PeteSig" wrote:

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:39:44 -0800 (PST)
lemmiwinks wrote:

I think if you have mudguards (particularly full length) and a rack on
your bike, you're not a cyclist either.

Hey, can we rack up non-cyclist points?

Recumbent - 2
(triathletes and electric assist get 2 as well)
Mudguards - 1
tradie shirt instead of jersey - 1
no idea of gruppo - 1 (although I do know some of it's SRAM and some
Shimano)
no idea how much the bike weighs - 1
rack and pannier - 1
no carbon - 1

Kickstand - 2
Dynamo lightset - 1
Rear-view mirror - 1
Leather saddle (with springs) - 2

I'm racking those points up!!

Oh, and surely
No HR monitor - 1
Baggy touring shorts - 1
Front rack - 1

Gives me 12 non-cyclist points

Cool! Don't know how I can even justify my membership of a cycling club. But
then, were tourers!

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old November 21st 07, 12:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
artemidorus[_5_]

PeteSig Wrote:

lemmiwinks wrote:

[...]

Spokey dokeys 5
Barbie plastic basket 5
Little pink bidon hanging from stem 5
Pink/ silver streamers 5
Chainguard 5
Training wheels 10
Bike roughly spray-painted pink 5

My daughter is not a cyclist.

--
artemidorus

Old November 21st 07, 12:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PeteSig[_2_]

"Terryc" wrote:
Dave Hughes wrote:
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:39:44 -0800, lemmiwinks.au wrote:

I think if you have mudguards (particularly full length) and a rack on
your bike, you're not a cyclist either.+

What if it's a singlespeed?

you get points if it is more then 30 years old.
double points if you ride in a boiler suit,
triple poins if boiler suit and real leather safety boots.

Anything less that 5 years old is definitely trendy

How about my old 27"? 26 year old 10sp *total* gears. Drop bars, toe-clips,
600ax pedals, dynamo (Dynapower), mudguards, and now with new Brooks Swift
leather saddle and Carradice seat pack.

There's got to be a whole lot of points in that. But I could ride it with
the old ParaSport wool jersey too.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old November 21st 07, 12:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 20 Nov 2007 23:34:07 GMT
PeteSig wrote:

Dynamo lightset - 1
Rear-view mirror - 1

hey that's another 2 for me.

although maybe only .5 for the dynamo cos its hub not bottle.

Zebee
Old November 21st 07, 01:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jack Russell

PeteSig wrote:

lemmiwinks wrote:

[...]

Curses I can only get to 9 points, does a leather saddle no springs get
any points?

--
Remove norubbish to reply
Old November 21st 07, 01:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
artemidorus[_8_]

Jack Russell Wrote:

Curses I can only get to 9 points, does a leather saddle no springs
get
any points?

Naw, a lot of roadie saddles are leather ie some Selle Italia and
Fiz'ik.

--
artemidorus

Go, Go, Go Cadel!!!!! Patrick Turner Australia 6 July 29th 07 06:49 AM
Sustrans Connect2 projects, vote early vote often! Mike Causer UK 7 February 22nd 07 08:20 PM
Cadel didn't want to attack ? Keith Racing 1 July 21st 06 08:05 AM
Go Cadel! Steve Australia 32 May 3rd 06 04:24 AM
Cadel Evans David Ferguson Racing 0 July 22nd 05 03:14 AM