No Stability Control - no car of the year

Old November 20th 07, 11:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rex

Default No Stability Control - no car of the year

http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/News/COTY+opts+for+ESP.html

They have given them until 2010. But this sounds like a good move from
Wheels

Old November 20th 07, 09:42 PM posted to aus.bicycle
John Tserkezis

Rex wrote:

http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/News/COTY+opts+for+ESP.html
They have given them until 2010. But this sounds like a good move from
Wheels

How much respect can you hold for this, when by their own definitions, a
Toyota LandCruiser, is classed as an "urban wagon" (thus eligible for CAR of
the year), and not the Jeep Wrangler (which is classed as a 4WD).

So let that be the end of the discussion ladies and gentlemen.

Next time your kid gets run over by a Landcruiser at the local school, you
CAN'T say it was one of those "bloody 4WD moms" that did it.

Sigh.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
http://counter.li.org
Old November 21st 07, 12:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
artemidorus[_7_]

John Tserkezis Wrote:
Rex wrote:

http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/News/COTY+opts+for+ESP.html
They have given them until 2010. But this sounds like a good move

from
Wheels

How much respect can you hold for this, when by their own definitions,
Toyota LandCruiser, is classed as an "urban wagon" (thus eligible for
CAR of
the year), and not the Jeep Wrangler (which is classed as a 4WD).

So let that be the end of the discussion ladies and gentlemen.

Next time your kid gets run over by a Landcruiser at the local school,
you
CAN'T say it was one of those "bloody 4WD moms" that did it.

Sigh.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
http://counter.li.org

It's not a 4WD, it's somewhere between a truck and a bus!

--
artemidorus

Old November 26th 07, 04:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bugbear

Just for laughs, and in spite of the fact that I don't have kids, I'd
love to show up at a school and drop some kids off in a semi trailer
prime mover, just to intimidate the school mums in their urban assault
vehicles
Old November 26th 07, 04:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Tserkezis

Bugbear wrote:

Just for laughs, and in spite of the fact that I don't have kids, I'd
love to show up at a school and drop some kids off in a semi trailer
prime mover, just to intimidate the school mums in their urban assault
vehicles

Similar effect if it's just the height of the vehicle. My brother in law
used to have an old surf (Japanese Hilux) with the special lift kit that
removed the existing suspension guts, and replaced with something that almost
needed a ladder to get into the cab. Incidently, while it did really well
off-road, it was terrible on-road...

Anyway we had discovered a new road rule after driving this thing around for
a while: If you have a vehicle that *might* look like that it could climb
over the another (monster car style), said other vehicle moves out of the way
first. You don't even need to ask. :-)

Really useful for the parking issues that normally end up as stalemate (you
move first otherwise I ain't moving, etc). Pretty much the ONLY parking
trouble with that thing was underground shopping centre car parks - just don't
go there...

Old November 26th 07, 05:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Bugbear wrote:
Just for laughs, and in spite of the fact that I don't have kids, I'd
love to show up at a school and drop some kids off in a semi trailer
prime mover, just to intimidate the school mums in their urban assault
vehicles

About 9 years ago my grandson's kindy had a grandparents day. I was the only
g-parent who turned up on a motorbike. All the kiddies thought it was pretty
cool.

Theo

Old November 26th 07, 05:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-11-26, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
Bugbear wrote:
Just for laughs, and in spite of the fact that I don't have kids, I'd
love to show up at a school and drop some kids off in a semi trailer
prime mover, just to intimidate the school mums in their urban assault
vehicles

About 9 years ago my grandson's kindy had a grandparents day. I was the only
g-parent who turned up on a motorbike. All the kiddies thought it was pretty
cool.

I thought you were about to say "they were the only ones who already
have a mercedes each"

--
TimC
Special Relativity: The person in the other queue thinks yours is
Old November 26th 07, 06:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

On 2007-11-26, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
Bugbear wrote:
Just for laughs, and in spite of the fact that I don't have kids,
I'd love to show up at a school and drop some kids off in a semi
trailer prime mover, just to intimidate the school mums in their
urban assault vehicles

About 9 years ago my grandson's kindy had a grandparents day. I was
the only g-parent who turned up on a motorbike. All the kiddies
thought it was pretty cool.

I thought you were about to say "they were the only ones who already
have a mercedes each"

No, it's the other daughter-in-law who takes the kids to school in the Black
Mercedes-Benz-ML Urban Assault Vehicle.

Theo

Old November 26th 07, 06:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Nov 26, 3:10 pm, "Theo Bekkers" wrote:

About 9 years ago my grandson's kindy had a grandparents day. I was the only
g-parent who turned up on a motorbike. All the kiddies thought it was pretty
cool.

Theo

I'm the only parent who ever turns up on a bicycle, and my son is
deeply embarrassed.
Old November 26th 07, 07:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc[_3_]

Donga wrote:

I'm the only parent who ever turns up on a bicycle, and my son is
deeply embarrassed.

Get a trailer, trailers are cool.
No, I do not know why, but they are.

Trike stability CoyoteBoy UK 24 August 17th 07 05:24 PM
Doping Control Dopes Need Doping Control And/Or Watches - Too Funny Joe King Racing 11 September 12th 06 12:31 PM
Confidence and stability going down hill fast AC Australia 32 September 2nd 05 03:35 PM
bike stability and 32c tires Jack Murphy General 1 December 10th 03 05:19 AM
"The Stability of the Bicycle" GerryK Techniques 168 October 22nd 03 05:02 PM