On line parts for older bikes ?

Old June 14th 04, 11:19 PM
Malcontent

Default On line parts for older bikes ?

Bob wrote:
I need tubular tires, I'd love to find some rim tape (not the liquid,
tape is so much better when you get an "on the road" flat. ).
I can find tubulars at my local shops, but I'm pretty sure Harris
Cyclery (http://sheldonbrown.com/harris) and Nashbar have them.
I need a new full size (Zefal?) frame pump,
If you are willing to get a plastic one, they're everywhere. I can't
find a metal one; I broke a friend's pump and owe him one.
if I could locate some Weinnman brake parts (rubber lever hoods,
original full shoes) that would be great.

http://www.bikeville.com/brakes.html

Never bought from them, but they showed up in google.

Old June 15th 04, 04:35 AM
Dan Daniel

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:36:51 GMT, Bob wrote:

I'm looking for a place to buy some parts on-line (for an older
Raleigh road racing bike, circa 1972).

I need tubular tires, I'd love to find some rim tape (not the liquid,
tape is so much better when you get an "on the road" flat. ).

I need a new full size (Zefal?) frame pump, if I could locate some
Weinnman brake parts (rubber lever hoods, original full shoes) that
would be great.

A supplier who still carries upper level French and other European
components would be a big plus for me. (Nothing against Japanese
parts, it just that I'm trying to keep this bike as pure 70's
European as I can).

Thanks,

http://www.bikeville.com/forsale.html

http://www.bicycletrader.com/
Old June 15th 04, 04:59 PM
John Everett

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:36:51 GMT, Bob wrote:

I'm looking for a place to buy some parts on-line (for an older
Raleigh road racing bike, circa 1972).

This is a question better asked on the classicrendezvous email list.
See: http://www.classicrendezvous.com/main.htm

jeverett3ATearthlinkDOTnet http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3
Old June 16th 04, 06:25 AM
Eric S. Sande

I need tubular tires, I'd love to find some rim tape (not the liquid,
tape is so much better when you get an "on the road" flat. ).

Tubulars are a PITA, IMHO. You are going to need to have glue and
spare tubies if you get a flat on the road.

I can find tubulars at my local shops, but I'm pretty sure Harris
Cyclery (http://sheldonbrown.com/harris) and Nashbar have them.

Get the cheap Vittorias as you will not cry when you flat.

The first time you try to patch them, you are either going to learn
patience or you are going to chuck them.

I need a new full size (Zefal?) frame pump,

That is recommended. But if you think you're going to get off easy
with tubulars, think again.

...if I could locate some Weinnman brake parts (rubber lever hoods,
original full shoes) that would be great.

Relatively easy to find. But the Kool-Stop pads work better than
the vintage pads, and they'll work fine on the older brakes.

Scott-Mathauser pads are still available with a little searching,
they were the standard back in the day.

It really depends on whether you want to do a full working period
correct rebuild or just want to ride the bike.

http://www.geocities.com/cochise_200...ures/px10.html

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------
Old June 16th 04, 09:57 PM
Leonard Diamond

Here are 2 suppliers that are widely used:
https://secure.netonline.nl/ssl/renaissance-cycles/
http://www.bicycleclassics.com/

Enjoy!
Len

Ghost Bikes Garrison Hilliard General 0 June 12th 04 06:31 PM
Mutant Road Bikes Dave Mayer General 29 March 12th 04 05:48 AM
Older Bianchi Road Bikes Ron Linz General 14 February 2nd 04 02:36 PM
so many bike types - which is which? tsp General 11 October 15th 03 10:02 PM
First road bike: braking? Alan Hoyle General 47 September 28th 03 11:40 PM