Chicago area LBS?

Old October 18th 04, 06:22 AM
Roy Sinnamond

Default Chicago area LBS?

Hello,

I'm looking to test ride and get a fitting for a new touring bike.
I've had a mountain bike for years (Cannondale F-400) but have not done
anything but road and occasional limestone trail for a while now. I'm
interested in trying out a couple of touring bikes like the Trek 520,
Cannondale T-series, Jamis Aurora, etc. I'm figuring on pretty much
exclusive road riding from now on. Getting too old for single-track :-(

Can anyone suggest a local bike shop in Chicago or the SW suburbs? I'm
relatively new to the area and would appreciate some advice.

TIA

--
Roy Sinnamond
roysinnamond at mac dot com

Old October 18th 04, 04:55 PM
maxo

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 00:22:10 -0500, Roy Sinnamond wrote:

Can anyone suggest a local bike shop in Chicago or the SW suburbs? I'm
relatively new to the area and would appreciate some advice.

For Touring and urban bikes, I LOVE Rapid Transit on North. Easy to get to
on the Blue Line, just get off at the Wicker Park stop on Damen. and walk
towards the lake on North.

The service is exceptional, they even helped me recover a stolen bike
once. Really really good guys.

Tell'em high from Max.

Old October 18th 04, 07:08 PM
Bryanska

If in Joliet or the surrounding area, Ski & Bike Chalet, on Route 52
(Jefferson Street) just around where I-55 and I-80 meet, is a great
place. It's been there for at least fifteen years, probably a lot
longer.

My family has bought about seven or eight bikes from the guy. I bought
some weird small 10-speed when I was awkwardly pubescent, and a Trek
720 hybrid which I proceeded to ride till it died.

Calorie Estimates.... LaoFuZhi UK 59 July 26th 04 07:17 PM
Hollywood, Music, Record Holders Gun for Chicago Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway Recumbent Biking 0 January 26th 04 04:11 PM