STOLEN: Panasonic Commuting/Touring bike

Old December 8th 03, 10:17 PM
Callistus Valerius

Default STOLEN: Panasonic Commuting/Touring bike

He says
there is no way his friend would do such a thing. He was wrong.
It was the same "friend".

I agree, it's most likely a friend or co-worker.

Old December 8th 03, 10:25 PM
anonymous

In article o42Bb.335640$9E1.1643786@attbi_s52,
"KBH" wrote:

http://users.rcn.com/delimadantas/st...anasonic_1.jpg

you may want to check the local trashcans...
Old December 9th 03, 02:39 AM
Gary Smiley

They should do to bicycle thieves what they used to do to horse thieves
and cattle rustlers.

Old December 9th 03, 05:56 AM
A Muzi

Gary Smiley wrote:
They should do to bicycle thieves what they used to do to horse thieves
and cattle rustlers.

Do you mean 'hang the wrong guy occasionally'?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old December 9th 03, 06:10 AM
Bill Z.

A Muzi writes:

Gary Smiley wrote:
They should do to bicycle thieves what they used to do to horse thieves
and cattle rustlers.

Do you mean 'hang the wrong guy occasionally'?

Or you could follow the custom not too long before that time, when
hung, drawn, and quartered was not just a figure of speach.

I don't think they particularly cared if they got the right guy
either, as long as there was an example to keep the peons in line.

Sort of like Guantanamo Bay under the Talibush, I would imagine ...

Bill

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

Old December 9th 03, 12:17 PM
WTF,O

(snip)

hung, drawn, and quartered was not just a figure of speach.

Save the rope. Just go with the drawing and quartering.

(snip snide junk)

Old December 9th 03, 04:32 PM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.tech WTF,O wrote:
: Save the rope. Just go with the drawing and quartering.

wouldn't it take more rope to draw and quarter? that's where you attach
each limb to a horse and pull the hapless victim apart, correct? did the
english pull out the intestines before or after drawing and quartering?
endless possibilities here.
--
david reuteler

Old December 9th 03, 08:13 PM
Matt O'Toole

"Bill Z." wrote in message

A Muzi writes:

Gary Smiley wrote:
They should do to bicycle thieves what they used to do to horse thieves
and cattle rustlers.

Do you mean 'hang the wrong guy occasionally'?

Or you could follow the custom not too long before that time, when
hung, drawn, and quartered was not just a figure of speach.

I rarely entertain thoughts of revenge. It's enough for me to think about how
pathetic this guy's life is, going around breaking into people's houses and
stealing stuff.

Matt O.