Rockshox Judy TT?

Old June 18th 07, 08:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Rockshox Judy TT?

Anyone have any experience with this fork? It seems my options in 1"
steerer are currently the cheap RST stuff, one of these NOS from a LBS
or upwards of $650 for something high-end. MTBR reviews this say it's
heavy & poorly handling, but I don't have a lot of faith in the
reviews over there. Any input appreciated from anyone that's ridden
one of these, or has seen one in action.

Thanks,

Dan

Old June 18th 07, 09:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Jun 18, 3:09 pm, " wrote:
Anyone have any experience with this fork? It seems my options in 1"
steerer are currently the cheap RST stuff, one of these NOS from a LBS
or upwards of $650 for something high-end. MTBR reviews this say it's
heavy & poorly handling, but I don't have a lot of faith in the
reviews over there. Any input appreciated from anyone that's ridden
one of these, or has seen one in action.

Thanks,

Dan

Have a Judy TT with a 1 1/8" steerer on a K2, 100 mm of travel. Have
had it a couple of years with a couple of thousand miles on it. It
works fine. Can't complain about the handling. Its a little on the
stiff side, and as most low end forks weighs well over 4 Lbs. The fork
has a spring on one side with a preload adjuster, and rubber bumpers
on the bottom of both legs. It is easy to take apart for service. Rock
Shock has a .pdf manual on their web site. The fork is grease lubed. I
found it works best to get some grease spread in between the upper and
lower bushings down the inside of the slider legs. When mine came it
just had a ring of grease above the top bushing below the seal.
Because it is grease lubed it gets stiffer in cold weather in the
winter. Rock Shox makes a grease called Judy Butter for it, but I have
lubed mine with Krytox GPL 226 100% teflon grease. I do cross country
riding, not downhill, and the fork is holding up OK.

Old June 19th 07, 06:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Jun 18, 4:18 pm, wrote:
On Jun 18, 3:09 pm, " wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the feedback. Well over 4lbs scares me a bit for this
bike, but so does an RST fork. The Judy may be the call.