thoughts on the season's winding down

Old October 14th 04, 10:14 PM
Dane Jackson

Rick Warner wrote:

Only difference for me is the amount of wet. Time to get the fenders
back on all the bikes.

*blink* *blink*

You took your fenders off?

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
We'll try to cooperate fully with the IRS, because, as citizens, we feel
Old October 15th 04, 12:41 AM
Claire Petersky

"Dane Jackson" wrote in message
Rick Warner wrote:

Only difference for me is the amount of wet. Time to get the fenders
back on all the bikes.

*blink* *blink*

You took your fenders off?

I take my fenders off every year, around the same time in the spring that I
take off my light. I always feel cheery and liberated when I do it.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Old October 15th 04, 12:27 PM
Roy Zipris

When it gets cold around here (SE PA), I just bundle up in layers and
ride, although I readily admit that one 10-mile ride last winter in 7
degree temperature was pretty stupid. One of the nice things about
winter riding is the lack of pressure, as if there are so few
expectations of winter cycling--you just get out and enjoy the day.
And there are few pleasures greater than warming up with a cup of hot
coffee or cocoa after the ride.

Bob, if you want to ride as much as you'd like, perhaps you ought to
volunteer for the bicyce unit. --Roy Zipris
Old October 16th 04, 10:23 PM
loki

"Hunrobe" wrote in message
The recreational (I'll repeat that for the transportational cyclists among
us)
*recreational* cycling season is slipping away rapidly hereabouts. Time to
take
stock:
Negatives-

Thanks to the weather my saddle time was decidedly less this season.

Though I did accomplish my vacation sojourn.

I've finally put away the shorts.

On the way to work last week - the trees had dropped about half their
leaves - it was a cool calm morning when in front of me a single burnished
maple leaf gives up the ghost and wafts to the ground. The cool nights
causes mist to rise from the river at dawn and roll across the parkland.

Priceless.

--
'Quick decisions are unsafe decisions.'
-sophocles

Old October 17th 04, 03:21 PM
Claire Petersky

"loki" wrote in message
news
On the way to work last week - the trees had dropped about half their
leaves - it was a cool calm morning when in front of me a single burnished
maple leaf gives up the ghost and wafts to the ground. The cool nights
causes mist to rise from the river at dawn and roll across the parkland.

Priceless.

Ain't that the truth.