carbon fiber/aluminum frame

Old November 29th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Conrad.Nguyen

Default carbon fiber/aluminum frame

So, this is going to be something like the Koxx Karbon frame? Do you
have any drawings to show us?
[image:
http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/att...=12163494 14]
[image:
http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/att...=12163494 39]

--
Conrad.Nguyen

'\"In order, the complicated process the united states went through to
get the Louisiana territory.\"'
Old November 29th 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclerman

thanks for all your thoughts I have put much thought into the frame
cracking and have considered putting a thin alu tube over the carbon to
protect it. but I have been assured we don't need it and it will be
strong enough, though I myself am skeptical but I trust the people who
engineer race engines for a living know what they are talking about.
also the cnced alu piece will be slim and cut for weight reduction and
will have a strong I-beam shape . this is more of a street/flat frame
than a natural trials frame. I will get some drawings up and hopefully
pics soon. about other sizes of frame I can do anything you want really
as long as the spacing between the bearrings is the same. I don't think
I can make a muni frame if you are using a fatty tire however. I can
also make any length long neck which it seams a lot of you want specific
lengths.

--
unicyclerman

hey wanna ride my koxx
Old November 29th 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

unicyclerman;1139973 wrote:
[...]

Depending on the crown shape, it sounds like it would make a beauty
freestyle frame.

The other thing that people could do, is slip chain guards over the
legs. Relatively light weight, and would definitely protect it from a
fair amount of wear and tear. That being said, I still don't think I
would trust it as a trials or street machine for that long. It seems
like it would be a sweet competition frame, but kind of precious for
everyday use. That is what Ti is for!

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
Old November 29th 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicaw89

Ok, yes cf is a lil weak for impacts but how often have you really
caused damage to your frame hitting it on a foreign (sp?) object?
Honestly I dont think I have EVER broken a frame hitting it on a rock.
Its pretty much always been pressure from landing on it, which i recal
was cf's strong point. For street, flat, freestlye, and urban trials cf
should be great! Like Jarin said he is designing it with street in mind.

--
Unicaw89

0 9 T o r k e r f o r p r e s i d e n t !
CODY [/b]FREAKING* WILLIAMS
'[b]DIRTY BIRD VIDEO!!*' (http://www.vimeo.com/824231)
'PAINFUL UNI VID!!! ' (http://tinyurl.com/yundmf)
'RenegadeJuggling.com' (renegadejuggling.com)
Old November 29th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Unicaw89;1139990 wrote:
Ok, yes cf is a lil weak for impacts but how often have you really
caused damage to your frame hitting it on a foreign (sp?) object?
Honestly I dont think I have EVER broken a frame hitting it on a rock.
Its pretty much always been pressure from landing on it, which i recal
was cf's strong point. For street, flat, freestlye, and urban trials cf
should be great! Like Jarin said he is designing it with street in mind.

I cant answer this because the frames I smash into things are made of
alum or steel.

--
Jerrick

'*305$ /$549.99*'
(http://tinyurl.com/6ywusa) *Press Alt+F4 to fix post
stretch.*[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]JC~
Old November 29th 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicaw89

Well you can still answer it, have you ever really broken a steel or alu
frame smashin it in the rocks, im sure its possible of course, but just
to me not as likely as landing on it myself...

Old November 29th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

Unicaw89;1140000 wrote:
Well you can still answer it, have you ever really broken a steel or alu
frame smashin it in the rocks, im sure its possible of course, but just
to me not as likely as landing on it myself...

The point is, that steel and aluminum frames take that kind of wear and
tear better then CF does. That is why a steel or aluminum frame does not
break from that kind of treatment. CF, on the other hand may weaken and
crack from similar impacts, say with stairs or rocks.

--
agentQ

'*)--SmallSpin-'O,*'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiFMXG116BE)
'*)---TreFlip-'O,'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpT0YFDgmz4)
'*)--DoubbleFlip-'O,*'
(http://www.vimeo.com/683454)
---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
Old November 29th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicaw89

Possilby, but dont they make bumpers and handles that are CF? If a
handle can last a month, a frame should be able to last a year. Worse
case scenario, ya, ita cracks and breaks. Still stronger than a domina!

Old November 29th 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclerman

ntappin;1139984 wrote:
Depending on the crown shape, it sounds like it would make a beauty
freestyle frame.

The other thing that people could do, is slip chain guards over the
legs. Relatively light weight, and would definitely protect it from a
fair amount of wear and tear. That being said, I still don't think I
would trust it as a trials or street machine for that long. It seems
like it would be a sweet competition frame, but kind of precious for
everyday use. That is what Ti is for!

haha ya we want to work our way up to Ti but its a bit pricey to
experiment with. another thing about the frame is the pieces will be
held by industrial epoxy that will hold unless heated to high
temperatures so if you damage a part you don't need a new frame you just
need a new part and if you send it to me I can fix it. or atleast that's
the plan. I wouldn't take any profit for repairs and if they sell good
enough I would like to do it for free but we will have to see how It
goes.

--
unicyclerman

hey wanna ride my koxx
Old November 29th 08, 04:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JosephCampbell

hey, i heard the word Titanium?
can you make a 100% ti frame? I think a lot of people would be very
interested in that along with what you are building now.

--
JosephCampbell

KOXX distributor USA/(North America) is www.renegadejuggling.com
My web page