Anaheim CA

Old May 12th 04, 07:43 AM
Mike Schwab

Default Anaheim CA

I went to our Union meeting. No one else wanted to go. So I am off to
Orange County/John Wayne airport in Anaheim CA Sat Jun 12 to Sat Jun
26. The Union is paying for airfare each way and lodging meals Jun
20-26, will be busy with meetings.

For Jun 12-18 I am looking for a low=cost place to stay. Tent camping
or Hostel.

I am considering bringing my EZ-1 recumbent or renting locally.
Sights to see, disneyland one day, bicycle rides.
I have ridden Critical Masses in Minneapolis (1), Chicago (1), St. Louis
(7 or so). What is the closest Critical Mass to Anahem Convention
center, if I get out in time? Long Beach? Venice? UCLA? other?
My only other time in CA was San Diego in June 1994. Had a panhandler
ask me for some change. For some reason, I felt pretty scared of him,
even though he was old with his white hair. Saw him two months later on
Americas Most Wanted, he was being arrested for murder. Rest of stay
was fairly busy with meetings.
Old May 12th 04, 04:21 PM
Christopher Jordan

I wouldn't recommend the Santa Barbara area of CA.: gas hit $3. a
gallon yesterday there, and I think drivers will be little maniacal!

As far as panhandlers: I can not recommend Santa Cruz as a detour, or
San Francisco either! For us ostriches: GREAT place to thumb your
nose to the gas lines as you pedal by..... ;-)

Chris Jordan
Santa Cruz, CA.

Old May 12th 04, 08:35 PM
J Ahlstrom

Default Rent

Chris:

I am seriously interested in getting a bent.
Do you know any place that rents them in Santa Cruz?

Thanks

JKA

Old May 13th 04, 05:38 AM
Christopher Jordan

Yes; they have about 100 (mountain bikes, cruisers (stretch. electric
bikes, tandems, quads, and about 10 bents and 5 bent trikes. I got a
motor for my S&B trike, and my TerraTrike there, so I am a happy
customer: they even had a Sting-ray for rent the other day-
Electric Sierra Cycles
302 Pacific Street (beach end of Pacific)
Santa Cruz,CA. 95060 (warning! LOTS of construction in the area)
Chris Jordan
S.C.

Old May 13th 04, 07:11 AM
news

Not much in socal for inexpensive housing, there are a couple of bike rental
shops on the Balboa Penensula in Newport Beach, about 12 miles away from
Anaheim. One of them rents recumbent trikes. I wouldn't want to drive very
far from Anaheim to save on a place to stay, traffic is horrible in that
area. I too ride an EZ-1, maybe we could get together on one of your days
off while here, feel free to mail if I can help.. howard,