The laws of the road apply to all road users, including cyclists.

Old September 19th 12, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default The laws of the road apply to all road users, including cyclists.

I went to visit someone the other day, while standing on their doorstep I
heard someone shouting foul abuse, I turned to look and saw a lycra lout
shouting at a woman driver, the cyclist had tried to undertake as she
negotiated a speed bump on a downhill section of road and he seemed to think
it was his absolute right to undertake and that she should be aware of his
stupidity and take avoiding action. She was too refined to smack him one,
as many would have. It beggars belief the situations that cyclists put
themselves into and then try to blame others.

Old September 19th 12, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nik.morgan[_2_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote:
I went to visit someone the other day, while standing on their doorstep I
heard someone shouting foul abuse, I turned to look and saw a lycra lout
shouting at a woman driver, the cyclist had tried to undertake as she
negotiated a speed bump on a downhill section of road and he seemed to think
it was his absolute right to undertake and that she should be aware of his
stupidity and take avoiding action. She was too refined to smack him one,
as many would have. It beggars belief the situations that cyclists put
themselves into and then try to blame others.

one sounded a klaxon type horn at me yesterday, all I did was open my car
door, he was riding on the pavement at speed, luckily I managed to pull in
the door before he hit it. I had pulled across the road to park against the
traffic flow in a designated space, one of the last things to expect is a
mad cyclist speeding along the pavement in the wrong direction.
He was wearing Lycra so he was obviously a tourist, I will be glad when the
season is finally over.

ennemm
Old September 19th 12, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
M Wicks

On Sep 19, 11:52*am, nik.morgan wrote:
I had pulled across the road to park against the
traffic flow in a designated space

ILLEGAL
Old September 19th 12, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
DavidR[_4_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
I went to visit someone the other day, while standing on their doorstep I
heard someone shouting foul abuse, I turned to look and saw a lycra lout
shouting at a woman driver, the cyclist had tried to undertake as she
negotiated a speed bump on a downhill section of road and he seemed to
think
it was his absolute right to undertake and that she should be aware of his
stupidity and take avoiding action. She was too refined to smack him one,
as many would have. It beggars belief the situations that cyclists put
themselves into and then try to blame others.

You "turned to look" after the event. You didn't see what the driver did to
cause it. Usual scenario, go to overtake cyclist, not quite complete and
stamp on the brake for speed bump. Cyclist cut off on inside with nowhere to
go. You're still as clueless as ever.

(And don't even think about mentioning your usual theme of "I thought
bicycles were supposed to have infinite braking ability" - it is obvious the
cyclist did whatever avoidance was necessary.)

Old September 19th 12, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 19/09/2012 12:36, DavidR wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote:

[...]

How did you acquire that particular gift?

Are you the seventh son of a seventh son or something?
Old September 19th 12, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
M Wicks

"Mrcheerful" wrote:
[...]

Pompous rhetoric. Have you ever admitted you're wrong about anything?
Old September 19th 12, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote:

[...]

I had seen the car coming down the hill while I knocked at the door, there
was no cyclist in front, as it is a fair old hill it would seem that the
cyclist was travelling faster than the car (easy with a hill and no speed
bumps to contend with) and instead of making an overtake , he went for an
undertake, which is a pretty silly move and illegal.

Old September 19th 12, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

"Mrcheerful" wrote:

[...]

Pompous rhetoric.

You need a dictionary. You give every appearance of not knowing the meaning
of either of those words.

Have you ever admitted you're wrong about anything?

Have I ever been wrong about anything?

Cyclists are not the only road users: Belfast Telegraph Mr. Benn[_9_] UK 2 May 4th 12 08:54 AM
Security warning to all internet users (including trolls). thirty-six UK 15 April 4th 12 08:00 AM
Laws of the road? Paul - xxx[_2_] UK 3 August 25th 11 11:47 AM
Laws Shouldn't Apply to Cyclists... Nuxx Bar UK 0 May 1st 09 07:20 PM
I MURDER Road Users Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_] UK 2 October 29th 08 12:25 PM