Valley Forge Bike Path Across Schulykill On 422 Bridge

Old July 16th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Default Valley Forge Bike Path Across Schulykill On 422 Bridge

This is my third try at posting this. Dunno what's going on,
but the previous two don't seem tb making it....

Anybody know when/if this thing is ever going to open again?

In spite of the center line construction, they're letting motor
vehicle traffic through on all 4 lanes, but the bike path is
closed.

Other ways to cross the Schulkyll River in that area?

I'd been crossing the river by driving to Trooper and riding to
work from there. But my car bit the big one over the weekend
and I'm trying to figure out how to get to work without begging
rides.
--
PeteCresswell
Old July 16th 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Cotton[_2_]

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
This is my third try at posting this. Dunno what's going on,
but the previous two don't seem tb making it....

Anybody know when/if this thing is ever going to open again?

In spite of the center line construction, they're letting motor
vehicle traffic through on all 4 lanes, but the bike path is
closed.

Other ways to cross the Schulkyll River in that area?

I'd been crossing the river by driving to Trooper and riding to
work from there. But my car bit the big one over the weekend
and I'm trying to figure out how to get to work without begging
rides.
--
PeteCresswell

Are you referring to the barricade for horses, bicycle has to walk around
those. recently a horse took out a few boards on the foot path

Old July 16th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per Bill Cotton:
Are you referring to the barricade for horses, bicycle has to walk around
those. recently a horse took out a few boards on the foot path

Sheesh!!!!!!

I've been begging rides and, before that, driving to Trooper just
bc I assumed that it was closed to everybody.... period.....

Thanks.
--
PeteCresswell